Power Kite Forum

DC Area riders

Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  11

Knolee - 22-1-2010 at 09:09 AM

I go at least 5 times a year, which leaves me with 2 trips there and back = 10 total trips per year. 16*10=160. At LEAST 5 times a year +/- 3...(2) =16*16=256. My dad's old job required him to work from MD during the week and he'd make it up every weekend to Stone Harbor during the summer. He's probably made the trip close to a thousand times since he's been going there since he was 25. Oh and my mom? She's been going since she was born. Oh and all my relatives that live there to, they make the trip just as frequently. It takes them all 3.5-4hrs. That would add up into the thousands.

power - 22-1-2010 at 09:16 AM

o. So who can't make it to wildwood? Probably can't make it myself, but I'll at least try to coax the mother into it. Unless of course anyone going to wildwood is just doing a day trip? Rides:bigok:? If I can't make it there who wants to do a local meet up at sandy point?

Knolee - 22-1-2010 at 09:17 AM

Me.

power - 22-1-2010 at 09:25 AM

Conditions look somewhat good for the bowl on monday... WNW and windy. Maybe itll change to NNW.

ragden - 22-1-2010 at 09:32 AM

Weather sunday looks rainy. If that doesnt shape up soon, I wont be going. Not going to do just a day trip, I would head out saturday afternoon, and I'm not booking a hotel room for iffy conditions. We'll see if that changes at all...

power - 22-1-2010 at 09:36 AM

Well monday is looking to be windy and sunny. Know of any good place to fly for a WNW?

ragden - 22-1-2010 at 11:50 AM

WNW? Dont know of anywhere, sorry.
Sunday would be good, if it wasnt raining. Of course, the prediction from NOAA shows very very little rain. Could be really good. Problem is... I'm not sure I want to drive out for that. If I could find a place to crash for cheap, I'd be a little more inclined to do it...

Frathouse - 22-1-2010 at 11:55 AM

How much is the apollo a night?

ragden - 22-1-2010 at 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Frathouse
How much is the apollo a night?

Off-season. They arent open. Normally, around 50-60 dollars a night. There are a couple places that are open... Just dont recall where we stayed last time... It was nice though, with a kitchen my wife cooked dinner in.. Could probably do a room without a kitchen, and it wouldnt break the bank, especially split... Let me check and see where we stayed...

ragden - 22-1-2010 at 12:15 PM

Update: Okay, I found it. We stayed at the Days Inn. It was nice. For three people, it would come out to 91.06. That comes down to 35 dollars a head. For each additional person, it adds 10 dollars. If we were to only take two people, it would run about 40 dollars a head. That isnt totally unreasonable. Factor in another 20-30 in tolls, and another 20-30 in gas... I would need to find out if Sunnie wants to come or not. I'll find out tonight. If we get rained out, thats a good chunk of change to spend for a weekend on the beach doing nothing... Let me know what you think...

Frathouse - 24-1-2010 at 06:42 PM

I'm to tired to put up a full report on wildwood today. I'll just say it was awesome and don't let Power borrow your buggy you won't see it for 45minutes:shocked2::spin:. LOL!!!! I'm glad it wasn't mine and that it wasn't a issue just really funny. Ragden's Speed3 was again king of the low wind to high wind, truly an amazing kite. Lastly for now I got to really test out the low and high wind performance of the 11m Neo2 and it did really well. Love that kite though I'm a little concerned about some of the line and bar wear I see and its only my 4th time out on it?:shocked2:

Catch you later
Brad

power - 24-1-2010 at 09:35 PM

Too tired as well but WW was a BLAST! I love big buggies and yes if you lend me yours you may not see it for a while:duh: It was awesome to fly with all of you guys; brad, ryan, rich, mike, and the buggy builder (never caught his name). Good luck with that neo2 brad- seems to be a powerhouse. Can't wait to see those pics and vids that sunny took- you were tearing it up out there mike! Landboarding was great, too bad the beach wasn't a bit harder but o well.

ragden - 25-1-2010 at 06:13 AM

I'm still sore and in recovery, but man, what a day.

When we first arrived, wind wa a bit on the light side. I figured it was gonna pick up, so I took my S3 and my Outlaw 8m down to the beach. Brad pulled out his 11m first, and started to pre-finflate. I rolled out the S3 and it took just about everyone's help to get it into the air. Finally it was inflated, and I started to cruise around the launch area a little bit. Wind was a bit fluky, side-onshore. Frathouse got his Neo2 going, and Power got a Rhino 10m flying. We were all moving around a bit, but the wind was light, and it was hard to get to the hardpack. I finally made it down there, and started working the kite. Before I know it, I was at the southern edge of the beach. I turned around and started cruising north. It felt like the wind had picked up a little bit (silly apparent wind from the S3), so I just kept going. I went to the FAR northern edge of the beach. Turned around and came back.

Took a short break, at which point it felt like the wind really had picked up. Threw my 8 into the air, and rode that for a little while, but was feeling under-powered. So I rolled the 15 back out and took off again. Winds really did pick up later, and the S3 was definitely a handful.

Sunnie took lots of pictures (posted below). Highlights of the day were watching Power jump, leave the landboard in its spot (including one shoe) and flying 10 feet through the air. No pictures of that, unfortunately. Winds picked up enough that I could sit the S3 at the top of the window, back pedal hard, and pull in the bar and get lifted pretty high. Jumped clear over frathouse's head at one point. It was pretty crazy and fun. Test riding the custom buggies was very cool as well.

Pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=michael.d.marcha...

GPS Reports:
I have two different reports cause I took a break, saved it, and then started it again:
Name: Wildwood20100124.1
Date: Jan 24, 2010 7:44 am
Distance: 21.9 miles
Elapsed Time: 3:13:54
Avg Speed: 6.8 mph
Max Speed: 24.9 mph
Link: http://maps.google.com/?t=p&z=15&ll=38.9731750488281...

Name: Wildwood20100124.2
Date: Jan 24, 2010 11:36 am
Distance: 39.6 miles
Elapsed Time: 2:49:38
Avg Speed: 14.0 mph
Max Speed: 33.4 mph
Link: http://maps.google.com/?t=p&z=15&ll=38.9731178283691...

Todd - 25-1-2010 at 09:53 AM

Great pictures Sunnie! Thanks for sharing, looks like you guys had fun.

dtoast - 25-1-2010 at 01:50 PM

Great photos looks like a fun time, can't wait till I can make it. What time did you guys get there, is that the sun coming up?

shehatesmyhobbies - 25-1-2010 at 02:36 PM

Great pics Sunnie! What a blast it was. Wind was a little pesky at first but ended up great by mid afternoon! Had a couple of close calls with the Ranger and OBE's. Not from getting flipped out of the buggy, but literally being pulled up and out of the buggy at speed. Had to bail the kite once and forgot I didn't have the leash hooked up, made for some good exercise! LOL Can't wait to do this again!

power - 25-1-2010 at 05:23 PM

Nice pictures sunny. Good to see that you ended up breaking 30 ragden!

ragden - 25-1-2010 at 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by power
Nice pictures sunny. Good to see that you ended up breaking 30 ragden!

didnt break it by much. Might have gone faster if I had been working with a 12m instead of the 15 in those winds. Hard to say. It was definitely fun as heck though. Glad you liked the pictures, I passed that on to Sunnie :)

Cant wait to do this again. Lets hope the wind gods cooperate with us again. :smilegrin:

Knolee - 25-1-2010 at 06:41 PM

Well I should finally have a kite now to use with you guys. I just need bar and lines and attach a 5th line to it. I should be out there with you guys next time.

power - 25-1-2010 at 08:18 PM

The question is will you fit in the ragden's trunk:crazy:

ragden - 25-1-2010 at 08:37 PM

I think we can probably cram the stuff into the box. If we things right, we can prob fit both boards, and the kites in the box. We will just have to pack it in there good and tight. You might have to sit with a kite in your lap, but I think we can make it work... :wee:

Knolee - 25-1-2010 at 09:21 PM

You know, I think your flysurfers fit better in the backseat, and power fits better in the trunk. Yeah, that'll work.
Hope that's okay with you Power.

lad - 25-1-2010 at 09:35 PM

I'll be happy to transport anyone's Flysurfer or Neo 2 to Wildwood or elsewhere. In fact, if they want to drop them off to me ahead of time, I wouldn't mind....even if I have to hold onto them for months! :cool:

ragden - 26-1-2010 at 07:00 AM

LoL. Y'all are hilarious.
The Flysurfers pack very small. Packing them isnt the problem. I can fit all three of them into a space in my trunk as large as where my one TD2 fits. Speaking of which, I can fit my buggy, all three Flysurfers, and the TD2 in my trunk. Its adding other stuff that gets tricky. Which is why I would say we can probably fit both boards and some luggage in the box. Maybe even a kite or two... :)

power - 26-1-2010 at 09:03 AM

You could just tie the boards to the rods that support the cargo box on the roof, no joke. That would definitely save some space.

Maven454 - 26-1-2010 at 09:06 AM

Do we have a date for when next time will be?

ragden - 26-1-2010 at 09:26 AM

Quote:
You could just tie the boards to the rods that support the cargo box on the roof, no joke. That would definitely save some space.

I wouldnt want to do that. I'm sure it would work, but I have a box for a reason. Lets put what we can in the box and see what happens from there... :) Plus if we travel up with Brad, we might be able to throw extra stuff in his vehicle...

Quote:
Originally posted by Maven454
Do we have a date for when next time will be?

Depends on conditions. This weekend will have the right tides, but wind direction is up for debate. It all depends on what happens over the next couple of days... Plus I have something going on on saturday already...

pigryder - 26-1-2010 at 05:39 PM

Oh man guys it looked like you had the whole beach to yourselfs! I have got to get out there! Hey Power can you shoot me a U2U next time you guys think your going and I will try to make it. I have a Honda Element with a big ass roof basket and coffin so if anyones house is on my way I got plenty of room for four and tons of gear :thumbup:

power - 26-1-2010 at 06:13 PM

No problem. Lets hope it'll be soon!

ragden - 28-1-2010 at 06:59 AM

I daresay this weekend looks decent at The Bowl. Hard to believe it would line up again so soon... but if the prediction doesnt change drastically, it could be good. Saturday looks better (with straight north winds), but I will not be available until Sunday. Winds are shifting west as the day progresses, so an early session may be in order...

I'll check again as we get closer to the date to see if this pans out... Lets keep our fingers crossed...

lad - 28-1-2010 at 08:16 AM

Remember Wildwood's tide cycle is every 2 weeks.

I can make the Bowl any or all days.

Still wish I was back at Treasure Island...(sigh)..St. Augustine beaches looked promising too if the wind is right.

ragden - 28-1-2010 at 08:40 AM

This would be the weekend to head to Wildwood, but wind direction isnt the best for there. North winds are rideable, but only at North Beach, which is a significantly smaller area. Still better than riding at the Bowl, but its a long drive. Especially considering I'll be out of town all day Saturday, and I'm not wild about trying to head back to DC late saturday night, grab my stuff, and head to wildwood... I suppose I could drive from PA down to Wildwood Saturday night, but we would be leaving around 2000hrs, which puts us into Wildwood pretty late.. (read after midnight).

Something to consider I suppose... I'll talk with the wife about it tonight...

edit: Definitely north west winds for Wildwood on Sunday, and that is not really rideable on North Beach. You would head to south beach, and its off-shore and gusty. Wind strength is high enough that it would be rideable... but not perfect...

power - 28-1-2010 at 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ragden
I daresay this weekend looks decent at The Bowl. Hard to believe it would line up again so soon... but if the prediction doesnt change drastically, it could be good. Saturday looks better (with straight north winds), but I will not be available until Sunday. Winds are shifting west as the day progresses, so an early session may be in order...

I'll check again as we get closer to the date to see if this pans out... Lets keep our fingers crossed...

I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully it'll work out- I want to see how those C kites are going to work for me. It'd be nice to have another gathering like we did a few weeks ago.

Frathouse - 28-1-2010 at 09:31 AM

Wish I could join you guys but I will be on the road for work this and next weekend. Have fun where ever you end up.

power - 29-1-2010 at 05:18 AM

Anyone want to go to the radio field today?

lad - 29-1-2010 at 05:44 AM

I could ~possibly~ make it later in the afternoon...

Maven454 - 29-1-2010 at 05:48 AM

I might be willing to head out there, but I'd have to stop at home and pick up some kites first. I'll post later in the day...

ragden - 29-1-2010 at 07:26 AM

Sunday is looking light at this point in time. Wind direction is right, but wind might be too light. I'll check again tomorrow night to see if it will be flyable.
:(

Frathouse - 29-1-2010 at 08:18 AM

What to light for the speed 3? I didn't think that was possible:).

Maven454 - 29-1-2010 at 08:21 AM

Quote:
What to light for the speed 3? I didn't think that was possible:).

Well, it is only the 15m.

ragden - 29-1-2010 at 08:24 AM

Oh, I could probably still ride, but most other people will be stuck standing and watching. I didnt really want to advertise that as an option... but if you wanna come watch me ride with my 15m S3... then sure.. come on down...
:cool:

Frathouse - 29-1-2010 at 08:31 AM

I thought that might be the situation. I must add a light wind kite to my quiver. Maybe next month I will get a speed 3.

power - 29-1-2010 at 08:58 AM

Maven and Lad- Let me know if you're going to be able to make it, if there's wind I think I'll be out.

lad - 29-1-2010 at 09:14 AM

I'm in DC, but it's too Freezing 2day!

power - 29-1-2010 at 09:28 AM

Who cares? Can you make it?

bobalooie57 - 29-1-2010 at 09:44 AM

Ya, who cares? It's 0 deg F right now in the frozen north, with the wind out of the WNW at 9 mph, which puts the wind chill at about -15 . I'm heading up the hill with my new 7M NPW to just get dragged around for a while. I'll bundle up, but within 15 min. I'll be sweating!

Maven454 - 29-1-2010 at 09:54 AM

Looking good, since I got Sam's new kite shipped off to him earlier today. But don't know for certain yet.

ragden - 29-1-2010 at 09:57 AM

Quote:
I thought that might be the situation. I must add a light wind kite to my quiver. Maybe next month I will get a speed 3.

Really? I thought your Neo2 provided the low end you were looking for? You'll have to give the S3 a shot one of these days to see if you like it. Not everyone does. I'll be happy to let you take her for a little run... :)

Maven454 - 29-1-2010 at 12:16 PM

Quote:
Maven and Lad- Let me know if you're going to be able to make it, if there's wind I think I'll be out.

I won't be there.

Frathouse - 29-1-2010 at 12:31 PM

The Neo2 11m has good low end but its not as low as the speed3. I could fly on sunday morning but I couldn't ride until the wind picked up. Maybe the Neo2 14m would pick up the low end but I have to demo it to buy it. I definitely want to demo the speed3 at some point and see if I like it.

Frathouse - 29-1-2010 at 02:38 PM

Ragden can I take a "Power" run on the speed3:eureka: LOL!

ragden - 30-1-2010 at 09:46 AM

Quote:
Ragden can I take a "Power" run on the speed3:eureka: LOL!

Sure. Lets do it... :)

power - 30-1-2010 at 10:34 AM

Anyone up for some snowkiting at the radio field today?

Maven454 - 30-1-2010 at 10:41 AM

If it didn't involve driving on those roads, sure. But it does, so no. Too many stupid people out there and they didn't bother to prepare the roads properly, even though they knew this was coming.

power - 30-1-2010 at 10:49 AM

I'm heading out. Give me a call if you want to come. I'll let you know how the roads are, my mom was out this morning and said they weren't too bad.

Todd - 30-1-2010 at 12:00 PM

Already sitting at the 8" mark down here and for some reason the 4 wheel drive won't engage on the Jeep Time to cook up some Lasagna and call it a day!

dtoast - 30-1-2010 at 12:16 PM

My car does not make it anywhere in this stuff.

How do foils do when it is snowing, I would think the openings would suck in snow and the kite you just fall out of the sky for being too heavy at some point.

shehatesmyhobbies - 30-1-2010 at 01:43 PM

Going to try and put the kites up tomorrow and I am buying a snow tube just to see how that works out. I can only imagine the slingshot type turns that might be possible! Had the idea on the way home from work!Have 4" on the ground here, still have to be to work by 4am. Sounds like a good day for a sick day!

ragden - 30-1-2010 at 06:29 PM

If this snow keeps up over night, the Bowl might be snowkiteable first thing in the morning. I'm tempted to try. But it would really be pushing the low end of my S3. If it stays above 10mph, I might be fine, but when it starts to drop, it'll be rough. Its also supposed to start swinging west by 1pm... Might make for a short frustrating session... or it could be amazing...

ragden - 31-1-2010 at 07:32 AM

Not sure there is enough snow, or enough wind... debating... just cleaned off the car and there is about a foot of snow on the ground... Wish there was more... My board would definitely be hitting the ground if I tried to ride it... Bummer.. Gonna have to pass on this one.. Wind is light as well, would make for a frustrating day... :(

Todd - 31-1-2010 at 08:28 AM

Over a foot of snow and no wind down here, indeed a frustrating day.

power - 31-1-2010 at 08:54 AM

Winds are NNW at 11 knots. Too bad I think it would have been awesome.

ragden - 31-1-2010 at 09:22 AM

Well, even in 2ft of snow, my board will hit bottom. 11mph of wind would have been good, yes. But wind are supposed to shift at 1300 (1pm), and that would have been a short day. once the west kicks in, it gets too gusty to ride. Getting my board cleaned up after hitting bottom is not fun, nor is it cheap. :(

Maybe next time...

power - 31-1-2010 at 04:30 PM

You think grass is bad. When I went to liberty I took a back snowmobile route and it was nothing but rocks with a powder coating. Probably took half the wax off the board as well as some of the board itself.

ragden - 31-1-2010 at 05:44 PM

Yeah, that there is a good reason to stay on the groomed trails. It might be icy, but at least it isnt full of rocks. Only time I've ever gone off the trails like that is when there was 3 feet of fresh powder down. Or when I was in Lake Tahoe. :)

Hope someone got some good riding in today...

Todd - 31-1-2010 at 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ragden
Hope someone got some good riding in today...

Well I wouldn't call it the best riding I did today but we got a good laugh about it. Report to the buggy section.

dtoast - 1-2-2010 at 10:31 AM

Ragden - You do any flying when you were out in Tahoe, I am going to be out there in a few weeks for some skiing. If I could get in kite session to that would one great trip.

ragden - 1-2-2010 at 10:41 AM

That trip to Lake Tahoe was many years ago. Before I had started kiting. Sorry. I have no idea if there are good places to fly in that area. I am sure you could probably drive down to NABX from there, or to El Mirage dry lake bed in southern cali. Though I am not sure how far that would be. I guess, if Lake Tahoe is completely frozen over, and has decent snow cover, you could, possibly, kite there. Just not sure its something anyone has ever done...

dtoast - 1-2-2010 at 11:02 AM

Thanks, I'll post a new thread asking for locations.

power - 2-2-2010 at 09:28 PM

Saturday and sunday look good for the bowl. Saturday's supposed to be a WNW, but sunday is supposed to be NNW. Both days should have some good wind. Anyone?

Knolee - 2-2-2010 at 09:36 PM

Supposed to be a ton of snow this weekend too. Snowkiting!

silvereaglekiter - 2-2-2010 at 09:42 PM

Quote:
Saturday and sunday look good for the bowl. Saturday's supposed to be a WNW, but sunday is supposed to be NNW. Both days should have some good wind. Anyone?

bowl of Snow ????? ware I wanna fly

power - 2-2-2010 at 09:55 PM

The bowl is actually a park in baltimore that has been termed the bowl because of its shape.
The Bowl

silvereaglekiter - 3-2-2010 at 05:02 AM

darn I was hoping it was in northern Va. Baltimore is a little far for me in this crazy weather :(
o well I guess il fly at Dorey Park

ragden - 3-2-2010 at 05:37 AM

I'm seeing NNE winds on Saturday. Not a good wind direction for the Bowl. Sunday though, that does look good. As long as it stays below freezing from now til then, we will have plenty of snow. Could be pretty amazing.

I'm looking at heading to Ski Liberty on Saturday. Havent had a downhill session all year. Since winds arent perfect for Saturday, I'll head to The Bowl on Sunday...

power - 3-2-2010 at 07:49 AM

Might head up to liberty myself then, not sure. Even if some of this snow does melt off, we're supposed to get a couple more inches on saturday.

ragden - 3-2-2010 at 08:54 AM

Just realized I have a prior committment on Saturday... Kinda forgot about that.. Definitely up for some local snow kiting on Sunday, if the winds build a little. 10mph winds are a bit iffy. Might be able to pull it off, we'll have to see...
:)

pigryder - 4-2-2010 at 01:22 PM

If we get the snow they're talking about I will be hitting up the park........ near me which is far from everyone else :( sorry.....

bluefunelement - 5-2-2010 at 08:51 AM

Looks like I might do Queen Anne's county

ragden - 5-2-2010 at 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bluefunelement
Looks like I might do Queen Anne's county

Yeah... since I havent heard back on some of the specifics of my "other commitment" I think I'm gonna have to go to QA with Blue... Too good of an opportunity to miss.
:smilegrin:

Maven454 - 5-2-2010 at 09:59 AM

My guess would be that with the snow coming in, the other commitment will be null and void anyway.

lad - 5-2-2010 at 09:57 PM

Gusts to 40mph in Balt/DC area...hurricane force forecast on Atlantic coast.

ragden - 6-2-2010 at 06:51 PM

yeah... i spent over 5 hrs digging out my car before it was actually moveable...
That wasnt fun... Hopefully I can get out and do something tomorrow... :)

dtoast - 8-2-2010 at 08:22 AM

Anyone not at work today...think they will let you snow kite on the mall?

Frathouse - 8-2-2010 at 05:11 PM

So is anacostia or the bowl all cut up yet? I'm still stuck up in CT. Hopefully I make it home tonight.

ragden - 8-2-2010 at 06:23 PM

Actually, I went to a spot in Queen Anne's County yesterday. Had a freaking blast. Snow was up to my knees, deep as heck. Wind was a little light, but really fun. Would have gone back today but I had to get some rest this morning, and take care of a few things about the house (laundry + new toe strap on my bindings).

Trying to find out if I am working tomorrow or if its another "forced-off" day. Might head out tomorrow if I'm off...

dtoast - 9-2-2010 at 06:58 AM

Why do I work for a company that does not observe snow days. :flaming:

ragden - 9-2-2010 at 07:02 AM

Well, not enough wind to head out anyways... Its a mixed bag Dtoast... Sometimes its nice, sometimes not...

dtoast - 9-2-2010 at 08:04 AM

Understandable, I just have this new kite that is begging to get out. I had it up last night in my back yard for about 5 minutes, but it was to light of a wind to keep it up. If winds are good Thursday I may just take off of work to head out somewhere.

ragden - 9-2-2010 at 09:51 AM

Well, let me know if you do... Work this week is sketchy, dont know what days i'll actually have work to do... heh

ragden - 10-2-2010 at 08:18 AM

Looking outside at a complete whiteout. If you are going somewhere, or thinking about it... I'd say.. DONT. Nobody in this area knows how to drive when there is water on the road... This much snow, and winds gusting to 50mph, not a good combination. Be careful out there. I, for one, am not doing anything today. Not even going to TRY cleaning off my car... Well.. MIGHT do that... later... We'll see. Its nasty out there...

lad - 10-2-2010 at 08:23 AM

Baltimore region snowfall is already ahead of Buffalo and Caribou Maine! :mad:

bobalooie57 - 10-2-2010 at 08:27 AM

Maybe I'll have to come down there!:singing:

Todd - 10-2-2010 at 08:35 AM

Well they finally closed the base down here, I might start heading home soon but if I can hang in here for a little while I will.

Think it would be a good day to try out the 6m?

:crazy:

dtoast - 10-2-2010 at 08:36 AM

And Rochester

This great...DC is trucking out snow and creating 80 foot high mounds out over by Anacostia. I say they ship it out to Vancouver for the Olympics.

Too bad winds are going to be gusting to 50 over the next two days, looks like snow kiting is out.

lad - 10-2-2010 at 08:50 AM

Hey Todd...I'd be careful with that 6m in those high winds....you could just get plowed into a drift and they won't find you again until next month! :P

Well, I finally got all the Malamutes hooked to the sled, but they're still ignoring the Garmin ("...turn left on I-95...head South for the next 900 miles....")

shehatesmyhobbies - 10-2-2010 at 09:39 AM

Total white out here as well. Almost 10 inches already and I can't even see all the way across the street! Starting to lose trees. Time to get the chain saw ready! Be careful guys, and I hope everyone weathers the storm o.k.!

ragden - 10-2-2010 at 10:08 AM

i wish i could go snowkiting, but these conditions are just too dangerous to venture out in. Hopefully there is still some wind left this weekend... :)

dtoast - 11-2-2010 at 10:12 AM

Winds still gusting up to 35mph today. Don't think I'll make it out today if it stays like this all day.

Todd - 11-2-2010 at 01:37 PM

Ok, who made the front page of the Washington Post? :smilegrin: Duncan?

Story Here

Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  11