Power Kite Forum

Speed 2 12m Video

nwsurfwakeskate - 24-7-2009 at 01:38 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFHmG_n2E6E

flatwater :D :D :D :D

wind was only showing 9-14mph on the dungeness lighthouse sensor today. I'm not sure what that translates too where I was riding but it felt pretty dang light.

_thephantom_ - 24-7-2009 at 01:48 AM

awesome video - the foil is truly an amazing wing

clintopher - 24-7-2009 at 03:09 AM

Judging by how it was flying while you're in the water I'd agree that the wind was way light. Pretty cool stuff. I'm really waiting to see what the S3 is all about because the 12 very well could be my next kite.

On another note, man I wish I had flat water like that right around me. It doesn't matter what the wind is doing here, it's always choppy. Just worse when it's really windy. At least Hatteras isn't too terribly far.

domdino - 24-7-2009 at 09:21 AM

Looks like an incredible location! Where is it? Really great vid christian, i love these kites so much :)

nwsurfwakeskate - 24-7-2009 at 09:37 AM

its up on the strait in washington. about 45minutes away from my house/work

its an evening thermal spot so it works perfect for hitting afterwork. I usually get there around 6pm and the wind has just started blowing :spin:

usually there is more wind out there though. yesterday was really light and I had the tide working against me everywhere except for in that flatwater cove.

f0rgiv3n - 24-7-2009 at 09:41 AM

That kite is amazing man... for how large it is and how low the winds are that thing is FAST!!! sweet vid!

nwsurfwakeskate - 24-7-2009 at 09:53 AM

the range on it is pretty much amazing too.

about 8-22mph for me. and I don't even really have to touch the trimmer much for that. just edge harder, keep the kite at the edge of the window, go slow and take a steep angle up wind

f0rgiv3n - 24-7-2009 at 10:59 AM

wow... What would you say the wind range would be landboarding? Could I stay upwind without it pullin me too hard downwind in the upper teens? Also... gusty conditions? love it? hate it? right in between?

nwsurfwakeskate - 24-7-2009 at 11:14 AM

Powerzone told me its not a very gust friendly kite. the wind I've been riding in has actually been pretty stable so I can't really comment on the gust handling ability.

Powerzone used to landboard with the one I own so he can probably give you better numbers on that then me.

depending on your weight and skill level high teens definitely doesn't sound like its out of the question though.

DenisLaMenace - 24-7-2009 at 12:19 PM

cool video

it makes me want this kite, may be in Speed3