Power Kite Forum

Flysurfer Speed 2 19m

Chefmini - 3-8-2009 at 08:12 AM

Got out of work and noticed we actually had a little SE breeze. Enough to head to the beach. Brought my 16 Switchblade. There were 6 other kites up in the air. Got rigged up and hit the water. After much lawnmowing made a few runs with a lot of frustration. Headed back in tooo much work.
One of the guys had a FS Speed 19m. He also had a Spleen board. The wind was blowing 10-12. He was the only one having a decent ride!
I do not want to start the LEI v Foil debate but mannnn what a nice light wind machine.
I was jealous.

DenisLaMenace - 3-8-2009 at 08:19 AM

this is exactly what I feel many times hereby because we have mostly summer light wind days.

but fortunately I am the guy on the water, proud owner of a SA2 19m and Spleene DOOR 159.

Tubes are good, performant, fun, etc... for lot of conditions, but for very light winds and bigger sizes like 16m they are inefficient

Neither I do want to restart this debate

snobdr - 3-8-2009 at 09:08 AM

There is no debate on this point. The SAs are built for one purpose, Light wind, and they excell at it. LEIs i dont think get inefficent untill over 16M. The 16s do well IMO. Anything over that, the weight becomes an issue and its hard to get the kite to climb. Just wish those SAs wernt so expensive.

tridude - 3-8-2009 at 09:28 AM

Im def not here to stir any mud.................the 17m SA is awesome can only imagine what the 19m is like..................Nate and I were the only ones out at Folly last Saturday till the breeze picked up....................I do enjoy watching and assisting when aksed too.................the 12 and 9m GKs and ORs perform well and seem to be the most popular around here. A few bigger Waroos for lighter dayz.............its all relative........fly what you like and fly it well..................Snob with the Spped 3s coming out you may be able to find a good dal on an SA or SA 2.........................................:lol::lol::duh::duh:

dylanj423 - 3-8-2009 at 12:38 PM

you can get your hands on a 17m psycho3 for a good price, too.... 1100 shipped, i think.... i forgot who was selling it:rolleyes:

he may be inclined to take less, you should u2u him if youre interested

yes, they excel in those winds...

tridude - 5-8-2009 at 04:37 PM

last 3 dayz the 17 was first on the water by at least 2 hours.......Steve that 19 must be sweet to have sold the 1.5........................:lol::lol::duh::duh:

tridude - 5-8-2009 at 04:38 PM

and the 10m Pulse was the next kite out..........................:lol::lol::duh::duh:

Chefmini - 6-8-2009 at 02:36 PM

Next season I am definitely looking into a foil for the summer doldrums. For the $ spent on the Switch 16, could have gotten a used FS. :rolleyes:

PBKiteboarding - 18-9-2009 at 11:37 AM

Sounds like about this kind of day, when I was on my 19m, even a 136 Spleene Rip FT... Was my go to kite SP 19m... light and even stay on it when it picks up... Others out 21m C kite yellow, 16m SLE and 15 SLE... and another white 19m...

Great memories... on SP 19m 2.5 DE. Summers used to be a drag..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHDO-eezRak

Works for me big time... Now on SP3 19m same low end...

A friend upgrading to a SP3 selling his Speed 2 19m Silver Arrow $1375us... OBO he says... Still flying it...