Power Kite Forum

Need a waist harness, I think

Kamikuza - 11-8-2009 at 08:26 AM

My Dakine Fusion is not the most comfortable around the leg straps - they dig in to my thighs and then I got yanked today and I swear, if they went any further up the crack of my arse I'd have needed to visit the ER for a surgical extraction HELLO!

Also, seat harnesses look queer on the landboards :D

So what gives good support for lower back (I had surgery) and above all - what will fit a tubby bastard like me? My Fusion is XXL, 40 to 42 inches ... bit of a squeeze but does the trick ...

soccerflyer - 12-8-2009 at 06:55 AM

When you get your new one - I would bee interested in getting your fusion.

Kamikuza - 12-8-2009 at 07:53 AM

Not worth it soccer - Best Kiteboarding online shop sent me a harness that should have been returned to the manufacturer ... the stitching was coming undone on the legs straps near the buckle hole and has now shredded the material. I'll have to repair / replace that if I want to keep using it.
I COULD have sent it back - but they would have charged me US$170 for shipping to Japan. Won't be using them again - ever.

I been seriously eyeballing the Session 2 - I like the idea of being able to use a waist harness if I feel like it ... and the guys on the OR forums with crap backs say it's the goodness too ...

soccerflyer - 12-8-2009 at 08:34 AM

Hey that sounds perfect for me. I will pay shipping and whatever else you want for you harness. I am looking for something on a very tight budget. (thought about trying to make one . .. . )

ragden - 12-8-2009 at 09:52 AM

I'm using a Mystic Warrior harness for the water. Its not great, and rides up a bit, but it works well. That and I like the little pocket for my kite knife. :)

PBKiteboarding - 18-9-2009 at 11:50 AM

Using the Warrior Waist with Clickr Bar myself... in summer back to legs straps in Winter...

But if you don't like the waist harness riding up... (Rides up less when wet in water) but for land and snow or just the option. OR has the Session 1 or 2 harness with removable leg straps (Pat) just clip on or off... may be a good way to see if in waist only mode is good for you... If not put the leg straps back on or just keep loose... Comes with a knife (Red)...

Also the straps are wide... more comfy... Many I know get the sess when they are not sure, seat or waist...

ragden - 18-9-2009 at 12:26 PM

Sounds like a good call. I have an Ozone Access XC harness for snow, but one of the buckles broke during a freak accident with one of my kites (strap hooked on my safety ball and pulled the safety on the kite braking the buckle in the process, very odd), so I have been thinking about a better seat/waist harness for snow... Not sure what I want to get yet, but those session harnesses do look nice...

Jason-G - 18-9-2009 at 12:37 PM

My first harness was a dakine fusion used with a riot5.0. It seemed really nice at first, but as I got better and started going up, I too didn't like the way it was around my crotch. I also fly static alot and like to run around. Got a mystic firestarter (not cheap) but it is a world of a difference in a great way. Forget it is on and it doesn't ride up at all.

soccerflyer - 18-9-2009 at 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kamikuza
My Dakine Fusion is not the most comfortable around the leg straps - they dig in to my thighs and then I got yanked today and I swear, if they went any further up the crack of my arse I'd have needed to visit the ER for a surgical extraction HELLO!

Also, seat harnesses look queer on the landboards :D

So what gives good support for lower back (I had surgery) and above all - what will fit a tubby bastard like me? My Fusion is XXL, 40 to 42 inches ... bit of a squeeze but does the trick ...

I would still be interested in getting that harness from ya.

Bladerunner - 18-9-2009 at 04:39 PM

Here is a good deal. http://www.powerkiteforum.com/viewthread.php?tid=10880