Power Kite Forum

footstraps for homebrew kiteboard

redtailin - 19-8-2009 at 05:10 PM

Hey guys-
A while back the forum inspired me to get to work on a ply board, and its finally time to get it finished up. The hard part is done, just need some advice on foot straps and/or pads. I'm going to pass on making my own, but I don't want to drop $100 on a set.

Any thoughts on a decent set at a good price. All the deals Ive found seem to be on sketchy websites, or sketchy ebay stores.

Thanks

furbowski - 19-8-2009 at 10:59 PM

try changing your topic to "does anyone know where I can get CHEAP footstraps / pads?" and be open to the better homemade ideas you'll get.

also the DIY threads on some sites have good info.

I don't ATB, can't help you further...

ragden - 20-8-2009 at 06:52 AM

I've heard that the Spleene pads/straps can be bought seperately and they are really nice. Not sure how much they cost though. I hope you find what you are looking for.

PHREERIDER - 20-8-2009 at 07:33 AM

spleen are gonna be top self a bit much for ply board

but liquid force has a good selection reasonable price

low buck on ebay is gonna fit the bill and out come

my advice find some flip flops that feel good maybe strap shoes /wide webbing/ neoprene for comfort throw it together ride it ,

skim board deck pad sheets, is a good start really don't need straps but there are lots of less expensive set ups for 100 bucks.

ragden - 20-8-2009 at 08:22 AM

Well, you can always remove the spleene pads and use them again later when you get another board. Just dont glue them down. :D

acampbell - 20-8-2009 at 08:41 AM

SOFKA member Mel George (mgatc) found a source for bindings and fins in Jacksonville, FL for his ply boards. Shoot him U2U if we don't hear.

dylanj423 - 20-8-2009 at 08:45 AM

this is most likely going to be your best bet

http://cgi.ebay.com/CRAZY-FLY-2-FOOT-STRAPS-FOOT-PADS-HANDLE...

... most likely

Houston AirHead - 20-8-2009 at 08:55 AM

ebay litewave pads and straps

nwsurfwakeskate - 20-8-2009 at 09:31 AM

these are my favorite pads of all time.

http://www.windance.com/ocean-rodeo-bliss-deluxe-pads-c-1459...

get whatever straps you want as long as they are adjustable. but if you can afford it. I highly recommend these pads.

they are the same as what is on the new flyboards

PHREERIDER - 20-8-2009 at 11:18 AM

both those are perfect

Ocean rodeo are super cushy just tried a board few weeks back that had OR set and they are nice may even get a set right now

the ebay hook is supreme for the money hard to beat

redtailin - 20-8-2009 at 10:27 PM

thanks for the help guys. Definitely keeping my eye on the ebay link, but the OR pards are the go to after that.

-redtailin