Power Kite Forum

SkyCountry Escape 3 meter

Tonka - 6-9-2009 at 10:38 AM

For the love of Pete does thing fly!!! Almost perfect flying conditions today 10-15mph winds, slightly gusty...

Kite flys absolutly incredible....edge of the window to edge of the window is almost a full 195degrees, with just a touch of tip fold once past 185....climb rate from just off the deck to zenith is almost too fast as the kite will surpass and start to decend behind you if your not watching!

Figure 8's, box, loops, dives and reverse launch with ease, fast and totaly controlled...did i mention this kite is FAAAASSSSTTTTTTT!!!!!

Cross dive from top edge of the window to deck and accross will almost completly rip your arms off in these conditions [yes i'm going to be very sore tomorrow!!]

If you havent tried one of these kites you better get on the list and have some spare $$$ as your going to be hooked once you fly it!!!!

Now were's Scudley at.....i need to order a 2 meter:spin:

[sorry, no in buggy review as i only fly static but i'm sure it woulod be the ride of your life....lol...]

furbowski - 6-9-2009 at 11:09 AM

yes, they're very nice kites... haven't flown one yet but I've got a bit of time on the 4... you sound like you are flying high well after the session as well...:lol::evil:

what colors did you get?

Tonka - 6-9-2009 at 11:16 AM

It's blue and white, not much choice in the color as it's what Scudley had [it is nice though, no complaint]

Yah.....had a brain fart and paid the price :smilegrin:...got a little gun shy till i settled down and could feel my arms again:tumble:

furbowski - 6-9-2009 at 11:28 AM

you're referring to your other thread I guess... (about the brain fart) the reflex is no brain fart as you now well know!!!

yeah, the colors apparently come random from the factory, they try for the best with what they have. blue and white is good, gentle on the eyes but easy to see in the sky.

enjoy!

:Ange09:

Bladerunner - 6-9-2009 at 11:31 AM

I think you can order your own choice of colours but you need to wait to have it done.

Tonka - 6-9-2009 at 11:35 AM

Yah, thought thats what your reference was...re-read your post.

Yes i am exstatic with this purchase and this is one kite i WONT BE PARTING WITH IT ANYTIME SOON!!!!!

Big Earl - 6-9-2009 at 11:43 AM

who sells these kites? I was on their web site and there is no dealers listed and the email I sent them came back. Are they still in business?

Tonka - 6-9-2009 at 11:47 AM

Big Earl get a hold of Scudley here on the forum, they are the Canadian distributors and he'll fix you up!!!!

furbowski - 6-9-2009 at 11:57 AM

yeah the site is a bit bare bones on the contact info, but scudley and/ or solaris will be very happy to set you up!

trancein1 - 6-9-2009 at 12:54 PM

http://www.skycountry.ca/kites.php

Scudley - 9-9-2009 at 03:16 PM

Tonka,
That is not a Reflex 3. It is an eSCape 3. Before the Reflex Sky Country made two models of fixed bridal kites: the eSCape and the Relax. Escape was the race model and the Relax was the cruiser model. When the Reflex came out it was so easy to fly and so fast they stopped making two models.
What you have is a used race model that Tonya brought over earlier this summer. It sat in someones kite bag for a month or two and last week I finally got around to trying it. It needed a little tuning, but once tuned I thought it was awesome. In 2003(?) the world snow kiting championships were held in Estonia. Escape did very well.
I am not entirely sure the exact differences in performance between the Reflex 3 and the Escape 3. They seem to fly pretty much the same,although my first impression was the Reflex was slightly faster and maybe more stable. The Reflex I think is slightly higher aspect, the trailing edge is more of a straight line. The Escape looks very much like my Vampir race pro, but I think it is better behaved. The Reflex is made of a lighter material from Sofiletta with Gelvenor ribs. The Escape was entirely from Gelvenor.
The Escape is no longer made. Sky Country in the Ukraine as two used ones left. Tonya is bringing both to Canada. One of them has my name on it.
Sky Country has no 3 or 4m kites in stock, so if you want one you will have to wait about six weeks from the order date, but you can get any color you want. I sent you a U2U with the colors of the other sizes in stock.
As to buying a 4m Reflex, I think if you are buying a 10m, something like a 5 or 6 meter would be a better fit for your quiver when you already have a 3m.
It is a tough choice between a 3m and 4m Reflex both are awesome kites.
S

Tonka - 9-9-2009 at 04:04 PM

Sorry guys I stand corrected...still an awesome kite. Yup the 10 is next then we'll probably go 5 or 6....

Tonka - 11-9-2009 at 09:12 AM

Ahh thanks, yah never know with these multy continental sites...

Tonka - 19-9-2009 at 01:07 PM

Well had this kite out again today...good steady 10-12 mph winds....man my arms are going to be sore tomorrow!!!

Tell you it's a real cool feeling to hover a kite at about 10 feet off the ground sitting on the "edge of the window", roll the kite back into the window, pull the lines and have it scream accross the ground 190degrees to the opposite window, pull/turn up 90 degree's and climb to zenith all the while trying to keep my 225lbs on the deck!!!

Figure 8's, box formations, loops all no problem..if you can think of it i'm sure these kites will do it!

This wind also gave me the opportunity to play with adjustments.....just not sure how to word the results without getting ban from the forum : something like hol# sh*t to __________, you get the picture!

Now we just need the right conditions to fly the Reflex 8 meter for a review on it.......

Scudley - 19-9-2009 at 04:28 PM

No wonder you are tired. Do you find you get tired swinging a sledge hammer after a couple of hours too?
S

Tonka - 19-9-2009 at 05:04 PM

LOL...guess I need to add another kite to the quiver 2m perhaps..lol