Power Kite Forum

WAHOO!!!!

macboy - 14-9-2009 at 07:31 PM

Well, I finally rode switch guys. Heck....I finally hit the water! I took lessons just yesterday out in PEI, Canada. Under the skillful direction of PEI Kiteboarding (David & Janeen) and with the help of a Guroo 12m in some blissfully clean winds and what must have been 10 square miles of knee to waist deep, butter smooth water I DID IT!!!!

Granted it took A LOT of walking upwind to get the switch and still have some work to do but I DID IT!!! Funny enough I warned her that I'd be fine goofy but bad switch. She got it backwards, watched me ride away on the second try goofy and said over the radio "You said you couldn't do this! If this is your bad side the other side's gonna be a snap"

The other side wasn't a snap but she was able to help me get it - now I just have to lock it in. I'm happy to report that I did indeed grace the onlookers with some first class supermans in the process....kinda my way to "give back" ; )

So stoked. Highlight of the trip bar none. Off to Kite Beach Maui to continue the learning curve in a couple months BUT I'll definitely come back here. Look up Malpeque, PEI, find Cabot Beach and go counterclockwise to the next point over......amazing place. :thumbup:

Kamikuza - 15-9-2009 at 02:31 AM

:lol: :thumbup:

Jack1988 - 15-9-2009 at 03:28 AM

Good for you :)

PHREERIDER - 15-9-2009 at 05:04 AM

right on !

ragden - 15-9-2009 at 05:32 AM

Very nice man. I have to say I tend to ride better goofy, but there are some days I go upwind left foot stronger. Depends on conditions I suppose. When I was out on Sunday I was riding very hard upwind on my left foot lead, but right foot I was having a hard time holding ground.

In any case, congrats man. Feels pretty amazing, eh? Before you know it, you'll be sending the kite back trying to get some air. :D