Power Kite Forum

10m Pulse 1

tridude - 21-9-2009 at 10:58 AM

I could sit here and banter for 15 to 20 mins but this kite will do all that you ask and then some................upwind, waves, sines, park and ride, fast and powerful turns, speed runs, jumps, and very floaty. Depower range is awesome as well. I can get rolling in 12/13 mph on the bottom end up to 25 mph and this point.............for a mid A/R kite the 10 boosts big..............second session with punchy/gusty ENE winds (20 to 25 mph) with no effects on the canopy...............very stable in the stock mixer setting..................relaunch is a breeze...........................after 10 or so sessions, this kite is easily the best kite Ive owned to date......................:thumbup::yes:

AD72 - 21-9-2009 at 12:57 PM

I like my vintage orange too.:thumbup::thumbup:
Relaunch is a breeze. Here is the video that sold it to me. Originally from the Flysurfer site for the Pulse 1.

BeamerBob - 21-9-2009 at 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tridude
I could sit here and banter for 15 to 20 mins but this kite will do all that you ask and then some................upwind, waves, sines, park and ride, fast and powerful turns, speed runs, jumps, and very floaty. Depower range is awesome as well. I can get rolling in 12/13 mph on the bottom end up to 25 mph and this point.............for a mid A/R kite the 10 boosts big..............second session with punchy/gusty ENE winds (20 to 25 mph) with no effects on the canopy...............very stable in the stock mixer setting..................relaunch is a breeze...........................after 10 or so sessions, this kite is easily the best kite Ive owned to date......................:thumbup::yes:

So you'll let us know what you think when you REALLY make up your mind? :smug::rolleyes:

Seriously, I think tridude is in love. I've never heard a cross word from him on this kite. It seems to fit him and his expanding skill level perfectly. Should work well with winter winds as well. :thumbup:

Bladerunner - 21-9-2009 at 05:25 PM

I remember that feeling when I took Her little Sister the 7m Pulse I out for the 1st while ! Makes me wonder how the newer Flysurfers could possibly be better :bird:
I still doubt I'll sell my 7?

tridude - 21-9-2009 at 06:50 PM

I wasnt ready for Flysurfer the 1st time round but after a year on ARCs and improved skillz Im getting much more performance from the Pulse and Speed 2................

Bladerunner - 21-9-2009 at 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tridude
I wasnt ready for Flysurfer the 1st time round but after a year on ARCs and improved skillz Im getting much more performance from the Pulse and Speed 2................

I can say that was the case for my 1st Flysurfer. The Phsycho II but you sold me that 7m Pulse at just the right time.

My arcsperiance would have made meant I could have gotten a lot more out of the 13m P3. The float that others could get out of that kite was amazing. I just wasn't there yet.

tridude - 22-9-2009 at 11:16 AM

does make you wonder Blade......................their (Flysurfer) low ranges seemed a bit low but once you develop kite skillz and learn to make extra HP with the kite, the low ranges are very accurate.............Im 190lbs and 12 to 14 is no problem on my Crazy Fly.............Ive seen BB ride the same set up in exact winds and he's 220lbs.........................

bloah - 22-9-2009 at 04:50 PM

i miss it

DenisLaMenace - 23-9-2009 at 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bloah
i miss it

this picture will haunt you for the rest of your life

so where is this Pulse1 10m now ?

could not resist to pop it back

tridude - 8-10-2009 at 05:22 PM

Pulse owned Sullis again..................winds 13 to 15 mph this afternoon..........................upwind, and jumping on my 139x40 KGB Comrade.....................nice board folks..................kgbkiteboarding.com................it doesnt get much sweeter than the 10m Pulse:lol::lol::duh::duh:

tridude - 16-2-2010 at 07:39 AM

after 6 months this kite just keeps on trucking and trucking well...................from 14/15 upwards towards 30 mph this kite is awesome. I have logged well over 20 sessions and 100 hrs on this kite and it only seems to get better. Upwind, stable, depower, waves, jumping it does them all well. I have done a couple mixer tests and replaced all 4 spare parts lines with upgraded spiderline dyneema (learned to sew loops as well). As a retired aircraft maintainer I like the maintenance checks, etc required. Its almost like trimming flight controls again..................as you grow with the kite the kite grows on you......................the 10 is def "ichiban" in my quiver...................

indigo_wolf - 16-2-2010 at 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tridude.
the 10 is def "ichiban" in my quiver

No.... that's an entirely different kite :wink2: (couldn't resist as this particular opportunity almost never comes up)

ATB,
Sam

lunchbox - 16-2-2010 at 10:03 AM

Well after reading Tri's remarks, definitely thinking about picking up a Pulse2. Love the quick launch times and relaunch-ability.

So if my PL Venom 2 19m is my most heavily used water kite (13mph - 21mph), which Pulse 2 would be the better call...the 12 or the 14? BTW, I'm about 215lb without my gear.

PHREERIDER - 16-2-2010 at 10:56 AM

i'm at 200+ on V13 when tri's on the 10M , might be the 12m sometimes.

i would want a 12m (specifically S3) but the pulse would be nice for all around

more like 215 geared out

tridude - 16-2-2010 at 10:57 AM

The 12 for those winds with your LFT.....................Ive ridden Kitedogs and my sons 12 P2......sweet kite no doubt..............higher A/R and a bit faster in the turns, but rock stable. Also the 2s have a shorter bridal, and stopper ball adjustments on the mixers.........cant go wrong with a Pulse.............

lunchbox - 16-2-2010 at 11:09 AM

Thanks Phree and Tri...yep...watching some FS videos...have to buy one I think. I think it comes standard with a 5th line..have to look...sorry for the hijack!

garydog - 18-2-2010 at 09:30 PM

I love my 8m P2

ON the snow its perfect from 10 to 25 mph

The more I fly it the better it feels
and the relaunch makes me laugh every time

Now I need to find a 12m p2 and then quit looking

tridude - 24-2-2010 at 05:16 AM

Im thinking the P2s come stock with FLS..................Powerzone would know for sure..................

tridude - 14-6-2010 at 12:37 PM

another head shaking session....................is there a better all round kite out there:dunno::lol::duh:

AD72 - 14-6-2010 at 05:45 PM

Were you riding the KGB? I know I got the right kite. Hmm maybe the problem is the board.....yeah the board.

borntofli - 14-6-2010 at 05:50 PM

Hey I have one of those and i'm learning to kitesurf with it.....And i'll have another one from your son here pretty quick......

tridude - 15-6-2010 at 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AD72
Were you riding the KGB? I know I got the right kite. Hmm maybe the problem is the board.....yeah the board.

yes on the KGB and the winds were 18 to 21..........I just installed their (KGB) glass fins and had a great session......the KGBs are flat on the bottom so you can slip off your edge when loading up for a jump from time to time (in the chop) but not a significant factor..........rock solid performance for under $300...................

PHREERIDER - 15-6-2010 at 06:10 AM

KGB is great board for ARCS , nice quick to speed and slick.

and a bargain