Power Kite Forum

Kitesurfing Video - Better then any tricks or handle passess videos out there

bloah - 30-9-2009 at 08:02 PM

last week one photographer showed up on a beach, and he made this amazing video...
It is not your regular kiting video, as it shows more what happens behind the scenes in kiteboarding...
enjoy

http://vimeo.com/6797026

This is what I think Kiteboarding videos should look like! telling a story, not handle pass one after another!

flexiblade - 30-9-2009 at 10:09 PM

That was beautifully shot - guy had skills with a camera and good equipment. It is refreshing to see something with a little more depth than a bunch of tricks and then some candid bits with sponsored riders living the good life - no offense Carl.

Kamikuza - 30-9-2009 at 10:15 PM

That's a good clip ... nice feeling of being there.

I like Carl's vids cos he's not one of those spoilt little brats who've had mummy and daddy pushing him hard and supplying him with the best kit & trainers since he was a snot-nosed brat - he's a regular joe who started a while back, pushes himself and puts the effort in - and is reaping the rewards. It's the difference between Hadlow's "Hey that could be me ... if I was twenty years younger and had rich parents and unnatural genes" versus the Carl "Hey that could be me ... if I pull the finger out of my nose and suck it up" :lol:

stetson05 - 1-10-2009 at 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kamikuza
That's a good clip ... nice feeling of being there.

I like Carl's vids cos he's not one of those spoilt little brats who've had mummy and daddy pushing him hard and supplying him with the best kit & trainers since he was a snot-nosed brat - he's a regular joe who started a while back, pushes himself and puts the effort in - and is reaping the rewards. It's the difference between Hadlow's "Hey that could be me ... if I was twenty years younger and had rich parents and unnatural genes" versus the Carl "Hey that could be me ... if I pull the finger out of my nose and suck it up" :lol:

and had HOOJ BALLZ:smilegrin:

Nice video!

snobdr - 1-10-2009 at 09:16 AM

I dont know what snot-nose kids your talking about. I was down for the beginning of triple s this year and any of them pros would shoot the crap with ya. No stuck up attitude at all. Was talking with Len10 while he was kicking around a soccer ball. A freind later came up and told me who it was. I had no idea, just though he was one of the locals.
So i have no idea where you get this snot-nose kids from. None of the pros i met are anything but cool , friendly people.

ragden - 1-10-2009 at 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by snobdr
I dont know what snot-nose kids your talking about. I was down for the beginning of triple s this year and any of them pros would shoot the crap with ya. No stuck up attitude at all. Was talking with Len10 while he was kicking around a soccer ball. A freind later came up and told me who it was. I had no idea, just though he was one of the locals.
So i have no idea where you get this snot-nose kids from. None of the pros i met are anything but cool , friendly people.

Thats awesome... :) Always nice to know the pros are approachable individuals. :)

Kamikuza - 1-10-2009 at 04:28 PM

By "snot-nosed" I meant little (as in young) kids ...

mgatc - 1-10-2009 at 06:57 PM

That was dope. Mad skills!

snobdr - 2-10-2009 at 06:50 AM

Most of them guys are in their 20s

PHREERIDER - 2-10-2009 at 07:49 AM

nice video, high quality
good perspective shoots and framing

looks like a local spot where locals rotate thru for sessions
there is always good vibes, with good conditions and a good spot

we all should have joy for others good fortune, skill or resources. it is in our best interest.

Kamikuza - 2-10-2009 at 05:08 PM

:bigok:

Chefmini - 6-10-2009 at 10:53 AM

Watching that video makes me realize why I got into kiting in the first place. Beautiful video

PBKiteboarding - 8-10-2009 at 09:36 AM

Great vid here is the New Google street view of that spot.... see some kites on the grass.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&q=...

lad - 8-10-2009 at 11:40 AM

Great vid...add just a few more lingering shots of that lean, young blond surferette in the tight, black wetsuit, then it'd be perfect!....;-)