Power Kite Forum

Video: NJ Buggy Club Bash Videos the collection (NEW VIDEO)

Todd - 5-10-2009 at 02:55 AM

I re-titled this to make it one big collection for everyone.

Jaymz: Video link

Joecat: Video link

Me: Crawling in the dark

Me: SOFA KING!

Joecat: Running with the Devil

Me: Metalingus

* LOOK FOR UPDATED VIDEOS IN THIS POST*

NEW!

Me: Group Photo/video

ripsessionkites - 5-10-2009 at 03:56 AM

oh my .... IM SOOOO JEALOUS.

what are the winters like there?
time to get away again.

rdavis - 5-10-2009 at 04:35 AM

WooHoo!! My favorite vid! Look at them afterburners! LOL :wee::singing::wee::singing:

Todd - 5-10-2009 at 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rdavis
WooHoo!! My favorite vid! Look at them afterburners! LOL :wee::singing::wee::singing:

I figured you would like that... there WILL be an edited version though :lol:

Rip! The winter is even better (less crowds, dogs, people digging trenches to block us, ect.)

lunchbox - 5-10-2009 at 08:25 AM

Wow...that was a really cool video!!!

What kind of camera are you using and how long was that run?

BeamerBob - 5-10-2009 at 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Todd
Quote:
Originally posted by rdavis

I figured you would like that... there WILL be an edited version though :lol:

Rip! The winter is even better (less crowds, dogs, people digging trenches to block us, ect.)

People really dig trenches to stop you from passing by? That's hard core there. How intrusive could you be to cause them to go to that much trouble? Some people just don't like to see others having fun.

B-Roc - 5-10-2009 at 09:05 AM

That's a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong beach!

Todd - 5-10-2009 at 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lunchbox
Wow...that was a really cool video!!!

What kind of camera are you using and how long was that run?

The run is about four miles give or take and this was shot using the ContourHD helmet cam. It doesn't like overcast too much but if you look at the Binary Lies video it will show you what quality to expect with bright sunny skies.

Quote:
Originally posted by BeamerBob

People really dig trenches to stop you from passing by? That's hard core there. How intrusive could you be to cause them to go to that much trouble? Some people just don't like to see others having fun.

We did experience a concerned but weird grandparent that approached me. His concerns were that the lines had '' just almost clipped his grand daughters head". A couple of riders came back to base camp stating hear a mouthful from a guy even threatening to call 911.

I spoke with him and numerous riders that we would avoid the area calming the situation. After a couple of hours passed I rode down and approached very slow coming to a stop to make sure everything was fine. Everyone was at ease because there was a three foot deep trench dug with a shovel with a massive sand castle. I kindly asked if wanted a couple of small kites for the kids which they declined. Oh well.

The weird part was when he insisted on telling my son and I raunchy but dry joke before he left. :lol:

ragden - 5-10-2009 at 09:42 AM

This was definitely the exception to the rule. Most folks were happy to have us there. Some even cheering as we went by. Had a couple folks approach me while riding to ask where they could get kites and buggies like mine (I directed them to the pavilion setup 2 miles down the beach..., not sure they made the walk though...). Couple people seemed a bit worried about hit, but most were pretty cool. That group by the trench were pretty hardcore though...
:crazy:

rdavis - 5-10-2009 at 09:47 AM

Yeah the trench people were definitely the oddest bunch i've come across. They never said anything to me, but my buddy Rich said one of the guys was yelling at him. I did notice the woman running and grabbing her child a couple times as I approached. She'd run and snatch up the kid like a bomb was about to go off. Other than that, everyone else was cheering, giving the thumbs up, waving and smiling.

sofa king - 5-10-2009 at 10:23 AM

Quote:
We did experience a concerned but weird grandparent that approached me. His concerns were that the lines had '' just almost clipped his grand daughters head". A couple of riders came back to base camp stating hear a mouthful from a guy even threatening to call 911.

"911, whats your emergency?"
"there's some people flying a kite at the beach and the string got close to my daughter's head, i was afraid it was going to chop it off"

when i was at wildwood like a month or two ago the cops were giving me thumbs up. then they rolled off and the kite got in bow tie so i had to untangle it. another cop came up thinking i was packing it up "hey did those other cops tell you to leave?"
"no"
"oh was going to say if they did they're jerks you can fly here" and gave me a thumbs up

Maven454 - 5-10-2009 at 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sofa king
Quote:

"911, whats your emergency?"
"there's some people flying a kite at the beach and the string got close to my daughter's head, i was afraid it was going to chop it off"

when i was at wildwood like a month or two ago the cops were giving me thumbs up. then they rolled off and the kite got in bow tie so i had to untangle it. another cop came up thinking i was packing it up "hey did those other cops tell you to leave?"
"no"
"oh was going to say if they did they're jerks you can fly here" and gave me a thumbs up

:lol::singing::lol::wee::lol:

Bladerunner - 5-10-2009 at 10:55 AM

I'm sick :ticking:

Vancouver sucks :ticking: :ticking:

That is one fine beach you boys have. I wondered from about 1/2 way through if you would ever turn around. No need to , I see :eekdrull:

ragden - 5-10-2009 at 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bladerunner
...I wondered from about 1/2 way through if you would ever turn around...

Eventually, you do have to turn around... but its a nice long run before that is necessary. :smilegrin:

Todd - 5-10-2009 at 11:25 AM

Sofa King, I picked up your board that night and brought it back the next day for you. We all were standing around it with talks of hooking up a rope to a buggy and do some tows with it :lol:

I have a ton of video footage... I hope you all won't get sick of them. Any request on music?

barnes - 5-10-2009 at 01:31 PM

Quote:
I have a ton of video footage... I hope you all won't get sick of them. Any request on music?

The song I had on repeat this weekend would be Contour and Contex by Brown Recluse (little band from Philly. Great little poppy-folk sound.)

Free download! http://stereogum.com/archives/mp3/new-brown-recluse-contour-...

</music nerd>

ragden - 5-10-2009 at 01:58 PM

Finally watched the vid. Very nice... Funny watching you chase that big red outlaw... :smilegrin:

Todd - 5-10-2009 at 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by barnes

The song I had on repeat this weekend would be Contour and Contex by Brown Recluse (little band from Philly. Great little poppy-folk sound.)

Free download! http://stereogum.com/archives/mp3/new-brown-recluse-contour-...

</music nerd>

I like it! I think that theres some is footage that I can use with that, thanks!

Quote:
Originally posted by ragden
Finally watched the vid. Very nice... Funny watching you chase that big red outlaw... :smilegrin:

I'll tell you like I told rdavis... I WAS ON THE BRAKES :P

Thanks for the nice comments everyone!

WELDNGOD - 5-10-2009 at 03:34 PM

I am totally kickin myself.
That is a bad@ss beach! I WILL BE THERE THIS SPRING.
Great vid Todd , Go ahead Show me some more footage to make me ill.:barf:

rdavis - 5-10-2009 at 03:54 PM

Quote:

I'll tell you like I told rdavis... I WAS ON THE BRAKES :P

LIES!!! LIES I TELL YOU!!! J/K :P :P

burritobandit - 5-10-2009 at 05:00 PM

Nice vid! Awesome spot!!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

snobdr - 5-10-2009 at 06:31 PM

I will never again work the friday of a bash. You can ride that all the way to north beach cant ya?

ragden - 6-10-2009 at 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by snobdr
I will never again work the friday of a bash. You can ride that all the way to north beach cant ya?

Yup. There was a big pipe in the way, letting water out into the ocean, but if you went high enough, you could get around it. I didnt bother, as the tide wasnt quite low enough for me to tack around the pier there. My kite would have either had to be really high, or it would have smacked the pilings. Besides, it seemed like a good place to turn around...

We have, however, done downwinders before going from the south fence all the way to north beach... That was really fun.
:wee::smilegrin:

snobdr - 6-10-2009 at 02:13 PM

For those that dont know WW, the vid is 2- maybe 2.5 miles. South fence to north beach is about 6 if you did all of north beach with it would be about 7 miles.

shehatesmyhobbies - 6-10-2009 at 05:07 PM

I'm with you snobdr no more working the friday of the bash. Actually I get a fourth week of vacation next year I think I may make it the Buggy Bash vacation!

Todd - 7-10-2009 at 05:03 AM

New video in first post!

Sofa King getting it! :spin:

cheezycheese - 7-10-2009 at 06:08 AM

can't see sofaking's video. vimeo says it's marked private...:puzzled:

rdavis - 7-10-2009 at 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cheezycheese
can't see sofaking's video. vimeo says it's marked private...:puzzled:

Ditto

Todd - 7-10-2009 at 07:24 AM

Fixed... I have no idea how that video was marked private :dunno:

bobalooie57 - 7-10-2009 at 09:18 AM

I gotta say, he definitely gets a check mark!(Hooj!)

shehatesmyhobbies - 7-10-2009 at 12:15 PM

Todd keep the videos coming! I could watch them all day if I had flash player on my phone. Man I gotta fix that! AWESOME JOB! Can't wait to hit it today heading out by 330:singing:

Knolee - 7-10-2009 at 05:16 PM

I have a beach house on one of the neighboring NJ islands. Its ALWAYS windy in the winter. Too bad I couldn't make it up there fore BB '09.

Todd - 7-10-2009 at 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shehatesmyhobbies
Todd keep the videos coming! I could watch them all day if I had flash player on my phone. Man I gotta fix that! AWESOME JOB! Can't wait to hit it today heading out by 330:singing:

Thanks! I'll weed through some more this weekend, hope you guys had a good ride!

shehatesmyhobbies - 8-10-2009 at 08:42 AM

Hell yeah, it was a great weekend all together. I can't wait to do it again, I may even try to make a day trip soon!

ragden - 8-10-2009 at 08:53 AM

If winds looked better this Sunday, I'd consider heading that way... but it doesnt look that great... :(

Todd - 10-10-2009 at 06:34 PM

New videos located in the first post!

lad - 10-10-2009 at 10:20 PM

Todd - that kite rescue in the middle episode could be another ad for PL Auto Zenith!

Todd - 17-10-2009 at 01:18 PM

New group picture/video at the first post!

ripsessionkites - 17-10-2009 at 02:23 PM

OMG ... i wanna go there so bad now. nice beach to let the Vapors rip. next year.

Dear Peter Lynn, please send me to NJ. I promise to hit over a 100km/h on the beach.:thumbup:

Maven454 - 17-10-2009 at 02:29 PM

Quote:
New group picture/video at the first post!

That group vid is nice.

Todd - 17-10-2009 at 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ripsessionkites
OMG ... i wanna go there so bad now. nice beach to let the Vapors rip. next year.

Dear Peter Lynn, please send me to NJ. I promise to hit over a 100km/h on the beach.:thumbup:

Definitely RIP! You're welcome to our (well LBJ Joecat) playground anytime, would like to meet you sometime.

Thanks Maven, the finally is coming but is slow going... tomorrows weather might help it along a little :smilegrin: