Power Kite Forum

2 SA 19s pinch me Im dreaming

tridude - 26-10-2009 at 07:45 AM

well this weekend was not epic but fun and surprising. First, my 12m Speed 2 arrived. After a quick shake down and mixer test/check off to Sullivans I went. Winds were 12 to 14, the water was choppy (big swell this weekend). One word can describe this kite, "DAYUM"........awesome upwind and power. Couple guys out on Naish 16s were ok upwind but I had no problems upwind OR jumping.........easy 12 to 15 feet, smooth lift and awesome float. Winds were a southerly componenet but not butter smooth a bit punchy at times but the Speed 2 was very stable (mixer was set by seller/verified at B-3, C-1.5cms. This kite is going to be alot of fun............

Sunday the winds were 8 to 10 kts ENE. I was out on the 19m SA 2 Red Arrow. I tacked into the beach and this guy said nice kite Ill be right back. He came back alright with a 19m SA 2 (white). He lives in Charleston now but came here from Toronto.............anywho the wind got up to around 12 kts and we had Sullivans all to ourselves. Wished I had a camera...................

PHREERIDER - 26-10-2009 at 08:47 AM

sounds nice . wind starved here

domdino - 26-10-2009 at 12:07 PM

Awesome sounds like a great day, it's always so much nicer to ride with someone else as well. I'm usually by myself out in california on low wind days. You should put a camrig on your kite!

thelaserman - 5-11-2009 at 02:15 PM

how do u put the camrig on the SA19?