Power Kite Forum

5.5 PKD CENTURY

WELDNGOD - 12-11-2009 at 03:15 PM

I received a pkg. today. And we are having a kick a$$ 50+ mph Noreaster right now. Poor soakin wet mailman, brought me a PKD CENTURY. I told him it was another kite, and he thinks I'm crazy for sure now.(probably thinks I'm gonna fly it today).
BIG THANK YOU ! to TODD. For the hook up, you really take good care of your gear. It is absolutely beautiful. I love the blue/green design too.
The build quality is really nice, bridles look good as well. I like the inlets. Overall, I think it to be a very good buggy engine for the not timid kiter. But I will have to wait until this storm ends and see if I even have a place to ride/fly. I know it's bad, the Buckroe beach area is flooded, grand view island is cut off (Marshes by road are flooding over the roadway).And that is where my fly spot is.:no::mad::no::mad::megan:

I will give a full reveiw, if and when, I get to go to my spot.
Until then, tight lines WG

Bladerunner - 12-11-2009 at 04:58 PM

Centuries have a loyal following. I had trouble getting to enjoy them but I am not in to buggy racing. If you are , you have found a great engine !!

bigkid - 12-11-2009 at 05:23 PM

I would be very interested in your thoughts after you get the kite in the air for a while.
I like my Century's, always end up bugging with one of them.

Todd - 13-11-2009 at 05:13 AM

I loved that kite; I couldn't think of a better person that it should go to Donny. Hope it will serve you well as it did for me. Nothing could be better than an on shore wind winding it up going faster and faster.

Have fun with it!

WELDNGOD - 15-11-2009 at 01:17 PM

Todd, I took it out to the college and flew it in like 5 mph wind ,maybe less. You could hardly feel it moving. I really didn't think I was gonna be flying, and much to my suprise
It flew very well on handles, I'm totally impressed w/ its low wind ability and the grunt is like WOW. I cannot wait to try it in 15-20 mph wind on the beach.
I was able to take to the edge of the window and it would just hover as long as I wanted, incredible stability for a performance kite. Will update about buggying, whenever I get to buggy again.
:thumbup::thumbup: very nice kite

Todd - 16-11-2009 at 09:49 AM

Very cool!

OT, did your beach survive the Nor'easter?

WELDNGOD - 16-11-2009 at 03:09 PM

don't know yet , Grandview has been flooded for days. I'll check this wknd.

WELDNGOD - 28-11-2009 at 03:49 PM

Update: The beach is huge now. I went out today in west winds10+ (not the best direction ). Still we had a great time. I tried the century on my custom crossover bar. It flies great, turns on a dime and pulls like a truck. Can't wait for a 20mph off the ocean. I can see this being my goto buggy engine.