Power Kite Forum

*review* peter lynn vapor

ripsessionkites - 30-11-2009 at 10:25 PM

finally sun and windy but cold.

i turned 30 today (nov.30) and what a great present to have after nearly 3 week of pure rain.

I went to a school park close by and discovered the whole field was under water, so i headed to the other school with better drainage with baseball fields.

The wind was 20 to 25 mph with gusts up to 30 going by YVR / WG. my trusty Iphone App was reading 20 steady.
I setup the 3m first and it was a blast, however with the amount space I had to run it wasnt much fun. So sized down to the baby 2m. It was more fun cruising around. it was a fun day to be had, and ill be able to stretch out the legs at nabx. I cant see using the 2m much since the 3m already does a great job dealing with gusty conditions and I already fly off short lines.

The production model is a bit faster than the prototype version when i last flew them at NABX.

Buggy: PL XR+ Std (no mods)
Lines: 15m on Long Handles, however some might prefer short handles to reduce the control in such high winds.

:wee:

airin - 30-11-2009 at 10:59 PM

Happy Birthday Rip!

cheezycheese - 30-11-2009 at 11:27 PM

Happy B-Day bro from a fellow Sag... :bigok:

Bladerunner - 1-12-2009 at 07:42 AM

Happy B'day to Junior today and belated Happy B'day to you Rip'

It looks like our 40 days and nights of rain has ended. I hope you get out again today.

So ..... the Iphone app is about as reliable as ......... an educated guess for wind speeds ????