Power Kite Forum

10m Synergy water review

tridude - 26-12-2009 at 09:46 AM

2 water sessions with the 10..........1st in the lower 20s second in the mid to upper 20s..............both sessions on my 139x40 KGB.................25 plus its starts to make nice hp, probably the bottom end for me on water....................flown on a 45cm bar with 27m lines.........Im thinking the kite may be better suited for 25m lines.................internal depower strap set a 3/4 tight....wing tips at 1/2 tight....................quick turner for sure....love the quick response of the kite to small input movements.....gotta fly this one on a smaller bar.....................drop into power, up and planing, set the edge and upwind you go.......great pop and nice float for only 6m projection..............def a high wind gust muncher for SC winter winds..............:thumbup::smilegrin:

redtailin - 27-12-2009 at 03:23 PM

Im glad you like it, and you are getting to fly it!
Still havent had a chance to fly the 13 venom, but hopefully i will in a week or 2!

tridude - 6-2-2010 at 09:12 AM

had the 10m out in 27 gusting to 35 on Thurs...........................sweet session, very stable, stayed upwind, great depower thru the bar (trimmer was fully extended/out), bar pressure a bit heavy but I have been spoiled by my other kites. I wasnt able to work upwind but I stayed my ground. Im flying the 10 on a 45cm Flexifoil Ion bar with 25m lines. The 10 does fly better on 25s vs 27s. The throw on the Ion Bar is approx 18 inches. The longer throw takes a bit of adjustment. I cut my teeth on PLs with 15 inches of throw and will prob shorten my depower line. Considering this was my 5th water session with the 10, Im very pleased. For our conditions here in SC, a 12m would be better suited but this kite has amazing range, 10 to 12 mph on landboard or buggy to 40 plus in the water. Hard to beat that..........................Im def keeping this kite as a buggy trainer and high wind water engine................................