Power Kite Forum

Video: I will not bow

Todd - 13-1-2010 at 05:18 AM

A fun day at the Bowl in Baltimore. A little bit of everything... ATB, buggy, and jumping so I thought this would be the best place to post this.

Lessons learned: make sure camera mount has not changed cutting people's heads off. Truly not my best work and not worth the effort that it took to put it together.

Enjoy.

I will not bow

Maven454 - 13-1-2010 at 05:40 AM

Can't wait to watch this when I get home Todd.

Todd - 13-1-2010 at 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Maven454
Can't wait to watch this when I get home Todd.

Don't get your hopes set too high because it stinks and I'll be the first to admit that.

ragden - 13-1-2010 at 06:05 AM

Fun video. Just one question, what happened to those shots of me powersliding around you on the far hill? :(

Overall, fun video. Thanks for putting it together.

bobalooie57 - 13-1-2010 at 06:26 AM

Looks like great fun was had! I dunno Todd, I liked the video, the bowl looks like a fun spot! And the 'yakkity sax' bit at the end was priceless!

Maven454 - 13-1-2010 at 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ragden
Fun video. Just one question, what happened to those shots of me powersliding around you on the far hill? :(

I'm betting that was part of what got cut due to the maladjusted camera issues :D.

Kamikuza - 13-1-2010 at 06:31 AM

"I will not bow" ... nah me neither! I will arc! till my arms drop off ...

Wow good to see the real people behind the names :lol: I am, yet again ... jealous :D

... what camera? Don't say GoPro HD cos then I'll REALLY have to buy one :lol:

Maven454 - 13-1-2010 at 06:34 AM

If he's not allowed to say GoPro HD, then he can't tell you what camera he used :D.

Kamikuza - 13-1-2010 at 06:40 AM

Oh you wascally wabbit you done it now :lol:

Seriously though, who the heck wears a g-string when they go kiteboarding? Especially in winter?
What is that peeking out there ...?

ragden - 13-1-2010 at 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kamikuza

Seriously though, who the heck wears a g-string when they go kiteboarding? Especially in winter?

Thats hilarious. I didnt even notice that. Power? Any Comments?

Too bad if those powerslide shots got cut. That was a lot of fun. Though, coming in hot straight at Todd was a little nerve racking... :)

rdavis - 13-1-2010 at 06:49 AM

Good vid Todd! I laughed at the "Mr. X" bit. If you talk to Mr. X, could you have him get in touch with me? I tried to email him, but I haven't heard from him.

ragden - 13-1-2010 at 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rdavis
Good vid Todd! I laughed at the "Mr. X" bit. If you talk to Mr. X, could you have him get in touch with me? I tried to email him, but I haven't heard from him.

I'll see him this weekend. Do you want me to pass your number on to him and ask him to call you?

Maven454 - 13-1-2010 at 06:55 AM

Quote:
Quote:

That wasn't power. That was dtoast.

rdavis - 13-1-2010 at 06:57 AM

Quote:
Quote:

I'll see him this weekend. Do you want me to pass your number on to him and ask him to call you?

Yes, please. I appreciate that Ragden!

ragden - 13-1-2010 at 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Maven454
Quote:
Quote:

That wasn't power. That was dtoast.

Whoops... my bad...
Rdavis- No problem bud. I'll probably see him tomorrow night and will pass on the information.

dtoast - 13-1-2010 at 07:02 AM

Thanks for putting this together, still had some good shots in it. Now I know why I hurt so much Sunday, wipeout looked a little more painful watching it. What do you use to edit your movies?

PHREERIDER - 13-1-2010 at 07:02 AM

very nice

rdavis - 13-1-2010 at 07:09 AM

Quote:

Whoops... my bad...
Rdavis- No problem bud. I'll probably see him tomorrow night and will pass on the information.

Well, either you just called him, or he has ESP, cause he just emailed me, lol. Thanks again ragden.

Maven454 - 13-1-2010 at 07:10 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Whoops... my bad...

Well, either you just called him, or he has ESP, cause he just emailed me, lol. Thanks again ragden.

Maybe he's stalking you?!? :ticking:

WELDNGOD - 13-1-2010 at 07:48 AM

Vid still looked good Todd, that spot sure looks like fun.is that location posted on here or is it a local secret?

dtoast - 13-1-2010 at 07:50 AM

Don't know how to pull a prior quote

"Seriously though, who the heck wears a g-string when they go kiteboarding? Especially in winter?
What is that peeking out there ...?"

Adds added bounce to your jumps...:lol:

ripsessionkites - 13-1-2010 at 07:54 AM

nice, now thats a field to ride.

parks are nicer in the USA ... time to relocate.

ragden - 13-1-2010 at 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by WELDNGOD
Vid still looked good Todd, that spot sure looks like fun.is that location posted on here or is it a local secret?

The spot isnt a secret. Its been posted numerous times in the past. Problem is, it fills up quick. I can send you the location if you would like. It would be a bit of a haul for you though... Its about 45 minutes north from where I live, which is about 3 hrs north from you...

bobalooie57 - 13-1-2010 at 08:44 AM

Todd, was that the Libre Radical you're flying in the opening shot? Looks fast!

ragden - 13-1-2010 at 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bobalooie57
Todd, was that the Libre Radical you're flying in the opening shot? Looks fast!

That it was. It is a very fast kite. Quite impressive. It will be coming up with me tomorrow night. :)

lunchbox - 13-1-2010 at 08:56 AM

Nice video Todd...Looks like a great spot!

bobalooie57 - 13-1-2010 at 09:13 AM

@dtoast:bigok:slingshot effect?

lad - 13-1-2010 at 09:22 AM

Hey, I think I recognize Mr. X from those America's Most Wanted videos! :bird:

bobalooie57 - 13-1-2010 at 09:43 AM

@ragden, 2:10-2:20 was a nice one!

ragden - 13-1-2010 at 09:45 AM

Quote:
@ragden, 2:10-2:20 was a nice one!

Was that the part when I was power sliding straight at Todd? That was a sketchy turn around. I was NOT expecting to get that powered up that quickly...

If that was something else, then I'm not sure what to say as I cannot watch the video right now... :)

bobalooie57 - 13-1-2010 at 09:48 AM

ya,ps right at Todd!:wee:

ragden - 13-1-2010 at 09:51 AM

Quote:
ya,ps right at Todd!:wee:

Yeah, that was wild. I was a hair worried I was gonna slide right into him... :smilegrin: :wee:

bobalooie57 - 13-1-2010 at 09:56 AM

Well, I could see by Todd's shadow that he was crouched and ready to dive out of the way, had you not come out of the slide when you did. Looked to me like perfect timing!

Maven454 - 13-1-2010 at 09:58 AM

Todd crouched down fore a more stable shot on a lot of things. He did that taking the footage of me launching the Frenzy as well.

bobalooie57 - 13-1-2010 at 10:07 AM

Like a tri-pod! That Frenzy-lift-off was sweet!:thumbup:

dtoast - 13-1-2010 at 10:17 AM

That was a cool shot, the Frenzy...that was first flight right Maven?

Maven454 - 13-1-2010 at 10:19 AM

Yep. That was the first time that kite had left the ground.

Todd - 13-1-2010 at 10:31 AM

That was enjoyable! Just getting back to the office from an inspection to find this thread growing very nicely and all of the questions answered by either Maven or Ragden :lol: I'm glad you guys liked it because I almost didn't do it. Yes the power slides up the hill turned out headless along with a bunch of other stuff, pretty disappointing but thank you all for the nice compliments!

Yes, the GoPro HD is a very nice piece of equipment when mounted correctly. I'll have to re-work that one but the editing software was Sony Vegas 9 which I love although was also ready to can it over the weekend due to issues. I really think that it choked from the size of the movie while trying to render it. Yes Bob, enjoy the Radical... that is one sweet kite.

ragden - 13-1-2010 at 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Todd
Yes the power slides up the hill turned out headless along with a bunch of other stuff, pretty disappointing but thank you all for the nice compliments!

Bummer!! Guess we have to do it again then... :)

Todd - 13-1-2010 at 10:57 AM

That's a DEAL! I mounted a clip for the GoPro on a camera mono pod (one extedable pole for cameras). This is going to produce some really cool video footage.

Oh, don't worry about power sliding into me... I have the reflexes of a wombat! :smilegrin:

ragden - 13-1-2010 at 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Todd
Oh, don't worry about power sliding into me... I have the reflexes of a wombat! :smilegrin:

Never seen a wombat dodge a buggy doing 30mph, but I'll take your word for it. :)

macboy - 13-1-2010 at 12:02 PM

DUDE! That was awesome. And icing on the cake with the end bit (Yakkity Sax / Turkey in the Straw). I think that ought to be your trademark.....

What / who made that version?

Todd - 13-1-2010 at 12:16 PM

Thanks Macboy! I don't know who made that version, I just bought it off Amizon. I'll look tonight when I get home.

Frathouse - 13-1-2010 at 01:06 PM

Love it!!! Can't wait for the next session!!

Houston AirHead - 13-1-2010 at 01:13 PM

great session and song!!!!!!!!!!

heliboy50 - 13-1-2010 at 02:33 PM

Very nice. Def know where you are coming from on the bumped camera issue. Loved the end bit. Nice work!

Todd - 13-1-2010 at 03:16 PM

Quote:
Like a tri-pod! That Frenzy-lift-off was sweet!:thumbup:

Yes, I liked the lift off as well however however I was concerned with the pilots skillz. My safety conscious self took over the scene to make sure that no kids were hurt.

Thanks heliboy50!

bobalooie57 - 13-1-2010 at 03:18 PM

:bigok:

bobalooie57 - 13-1-2010 at 03:19 PM

So was it Boots Randolph on the sax?

arkay - 13-1-2010 at 03:22 PM

Looks like you guys had fun :) Nice field! I wish I had one like that by me... we've just have way too many trees in oregon! I'm on a quest this spring to find a cooperative farmer and huge fallow field to fly in.

Todd - 13-1-2010 at 03:29 PM

Quote:
So was it Boots Randolph on the sax?

I don't know:puzzled: here's the Amazon link.

link

shehatesmyhobbies - 13-1-2010 at 03:43 PM

Another great video Todd! Love the fuzzy Mr. X Nice to see him again! Loved the ending too!. I am sorry that I have not made it over to the bowl yet, after seeing this video, it's time to start making plans for the hike!

The guys look like they had a blast!

Happy winds!

bobalooie57 - 13-1-2010 at 03:51 PM

That's where I heard it! I know I had heard that version, and also my father had the Boots Randolph version on 8 track believe it or not! I just didn't remember which was which.

power - 13-1-2010 at 04:37 PM

Thanks a bunch Todd, loved the video. Too bad a lot of the shots were headless, how can you tell where that thing is pointing anyways when its on your head? Some nice buggy footage, watching the video really makes me want to go back there! What editing program do you use? I've always wanted to put together videos like that but I can never find one editing program that does it all, speed up, slow down, screen shots, music, decrease/increase in volume... at least for free:frog: Really nice to see all the local guys put together in a video, especially X :yes: Hope we can do this again sometime soon.

InvertedForce - 13-1-2010 at 04:47 PM

Most software is free... when you crack them ;)

I believe he used Sony Vegas studio 9. I've used it before, it's pretty simple and powerful

power - 13-1-2010 at 05:11 PM

Free?

macboy - 13-1-2010 at 05:18 PM

AH!!! Benny Hill! THAT'S IT!

heheheheh

Childhood memories come flooding back...........

Kamikuza - 13-1-2010 at 06:21 PM

You can get a tripod mount for the GoPro's for like $7 ... I got one from eBay but shipping doubled the price :lol:
Parks like that remind me of home ... wait till I get a vid of the parks here - any park that size you gotta pay like $10 for parking and the guard man comes running out screaming at you if you dare enjoy anything other than sitting or walking and perhaps running slowly :(

power - 13-1-2010 at 06:36 PM

Do they have those fees because Japan is so overpopulated?

lad - 13-1-2010 at 06:49 PM

Like the vid! Even tho' (mercifully) there's no motion footage of my attempted session w/ borrowed gear, I did get double billing in the intro stills! :smug:

If you play Yakkety Sax / Benny Hill theme to Baltimore area Boomers, they will know it as "The Lorenzo Stomp." "Lorenzo" was an early 60's syndicated kid's show clown (in Emitt Kelly hobo getup) whose show highlite was a mean shuffle to it.

Kamikuza - 13-1-2010 at 09:17 PM

Enormous rant deleted :lol: User pays for everything here ...
Japan's not over-populated, it's just poorly developed.

Todd - 14-1-2010 at 04:58 AM

Maven... no comment on the construction Ozone? :bigok:

Maven454 - 14-1-2010 at 05:12 AM

Was I supposed to comment, Mr. Wombat? :D I figure I'll just land a kite on you next time, but it'll be an accident, because, you know, my skillz aren't up to doing it intentionally :lol:.

Todd - 14-1-2010 at 05:18 AM

Let me set up some safety cones first please :lol:

Maven454 - 14-1-2010 at 05:20 AM

Next time we fly together I won't have a construction orange kite anymore :yes:.

bobalooie57 - 14-1-2010 at 05:21 AM

I thought those were state flowers, Ohio and New York?:tumble:

Maven454 - 14-1-2010 at 05:24 AM

That too.

Todd - 14-1-2010 at 06:39 AM

Like I said; I like the color scheme but the pink would have definitely suited you better :smilegrin:

Maven454 - 14-1-2010 at 06:45 AM

Sadly I actually like the pink color scheme better.