Power Kite Forum

Learning to Kitesurf in Seaside

stetson05 - 28-2-2010 at 09:57 PM

I am going to Seaside in March 25- April 2. Unfortunately for me it is during NABX but I am sure I will have a good time. I am considering trying a little kitesurfing if conditions permit. I have seen several people kitesurfing there. I am still at a planning stage but I am wondering if there is anyone that I could get a couple of lessons from? I figured it would cost something. Let me know.

macboy - 28-2-2010 at 10:45 PM

Stetson, if you find anything can you let me know? Try Eli - I did but haven't heard anything.

Kamikuza - 28-2-2010 at 10:47 PM

... don't forget to take the GoPro :thumbup: brang videos :yes:

stetson05 - 28-2-2010 at 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kamikuza
... don't forget to take the GoPro :thumbup: brang videos :yes:

I am sure it will provide some nice bloopers. As long as I have fun and don't get hurt, I don't care.

stetson05 - 28-2-2010 at 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by macboy
Stetson, if you find anything can you let me know? Try Eli - I did but haven't heard anything.

When are you passing through the Sunset/Seaside area? I bet Eli would help if he is in the area still. I am also hoping if it isn't a good idea that someone will let me know that too.

Kamikuza - 28-2-2010 at 11:35 PM

Oh I wish I'd put mine on the board when I was very first learning - would have been some great comedy!

stetson05 - 28-2-2010 at 11:48 PM

Yeah, I might get some underwater shots as I get drug over my board and face first through the water:lol:

Kamikuza - 1-3-2010 at 12:07 AM

That sounds familiar :lol:

stetson05 - 1-3-2010 at 09:11 PM

I edited the title in the hopes that someone in the area will be interested and notice the location.

macboy - 5-3-2010 at 10:04 AM

Stetson - I'll be passing through Seaside around about the 10th of April. I U2U'd Eli on Feb 3rd and it hasn't been read yet so maybe he's taken leave of kiting for a bit?

stetson05 - 5-3-2010 at 10:31 AM

I will be there until the 2nd, bummer. I haven't seen Eli around for a while either. Have fun at NABX!!

jellis - 5-3-2010 at 12:20 PM

As far as I know Eli I alive and well and has his head to the grind stone working. I know Eli would be glad to teach you all the skills necessary to kite surf. I will contact him and let him know.
I am heading to Sunset today for the week but will be in the area when you are down so let me know if I can help. I can at least point to the water for you. :lol:

stetson05 - 6-3-2010 at 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jellis
As far as I know Eli I alive and well and has his head to the grind stone working. I know Eli would be glad to teach you all the skills necessary to kite surf. I will contact him and let him know.
I am heading to Sunset today for the week but will be in the area when you are down so let me know if I can help. I can at least point to the water for you. :lol:

Thanks a lot! I can buggy ok and KGB ok but the water is a different story. I know enough about the ocean to respect that I don't know the currents around that beach. I don't want to inadvertently do something stupid. I appreciate you trying to get in contact with Eli for me. Maybe he will be available. Otherwise I will probabaly try skimboarding with the kite.:wee:

I would be fun to meet up and buggy with someone. I will look toward sunset beach, maybe you will be there.

arkay - 8-3-2010 at 10:11 AM

I'm plan to be at the coast the weekend before but will be at nabx that entire stretch. If you can't get a hold of Eli you can also check over at nwkite dot com.

stetson05 - 8-3-2010 at 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by arkay
I'm plan to be at the coast the weekend before but will be at nabx that entire stretch. If you can't get a hold of Eli you can also check over at nwkite dot com.

That is a good idea.

csa_deadon - 8-3-2010 at 11:59 PM

Guys Jon is very good at finding the water at Sunset. :lol: