Power Kite Forum

daily grind Charger 12 /15

PHREERIDER - 27-3-2010 at 07:18 PM

past two days HAVE BEEN GOOD WIND 15-25MPH

SOLID session on the CH15 yesterday 2+ HOURS on gusty west, did a few relaunches amazed how the kite just bounces off the water.

settings, all out on the tips, center half way , middle on the bridle. seems to be where its going to stay.

today wanted to get more time on the 12, up against NEaster with current, surf and swells

settings ,change to all out on the tips, center halfway and middle on the bridle ..here we go

30min on the ATB warm up , very quick ,very smooth control, jump power was good but required considerable window distance to really get a good floaty one on the short side shore runs. very quick to speed and can be moved about the window for instant switches and pops.
then moved to the water ( SK 140x 42 sprint ) . guy besides me has a 12m Cab switchblade, first the CH 12m looks 1/4-1/3 smaller in the air. we jump on, for about 30-40min i can barely keep up with the current much less get on top of this guy . i can stay my position but a jump or farting around ends up putting even further downwind. for me(200lbs) the usable window with this size is just too small....

SO come back in, CH15 goes up and like magic, i smoke upwind WHILE hogging big fat airs and stupid run out jump recoveries even edge out and get on top in less than 2 rotations.

(then stopped after 2 hours picked the kid )

reset the big air show on the CH 15 @ the folly (singleton beach 7miles north up the beach) rising tide, wide shallow wash coming from nice rollers peeling in around 4-5feet and the 15 ..pause, turn and jet from the lip smoking down the face carving back up wind. then the sun comes out, man what a bonus session.

SO since i have been using the CHARGERS the frequency of loops/ down loop turns has increased. so to the point a slower kite would be a hindrance . definitely hooked on their nimble nature.