Power Kite Forum

daily grind CH15 , i lost count

PHREERIDER - 12-4-2010 at 06:02 AM

truly lost count of the sessions here. most around 15-20mph

but the high lights for the quick snack.

10mlie down winder. transition air kite loop has become a standard folks.

couple of airs with loops at the apex . CH 15 keeping up easy.

broomstickin the unhooked loops like the wicked witch of west.

no rest for this PL CHARGER folks.

somewhere around 75 hours on this thing since i got it.

only problem maybe the safety line wear at the ball stop where the bar contacts it. with the constant bar release and spin back it won't be long, but with bar ends release options i may eliminate it.

up coming STRAPLESS DIRECTIONAL !

PHREERIDER - 14-4-2010 at 06:53 AM

10 mile down winder, i think on monday, 3hours on tuesday added the north freestyle fish strapless for about 20min.

this directional is a bit small for me 5'3" and really mushy. took considerable wind for it to go upwind and kinda bouncy once up to speed. i am no wave expert but for a smaller rider may be fun on a downwinder. tri fin set up, kinda wide and boxy. i really couldn't feel the "drive" on it, but a bigger surf board is next6'6" . quad fin well separated ...and narrow thats what i'm looking for, like an AIRUSH starboard it is the upwind king, a friend has one and old school it is, but for marginal wind, current heavy business it delivers.

much prefer the SK140 after 20min i'm a mile up wind.

we are still getting this E/ENE thing.

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.as...

CH 15 full on , the center line twisting is getting old and most likely drop it . the swivel works but the main/ center safety still require nursing and attention after about a dozen loops. back turn it by hand on the fly is a solution but when things are fun they are quite busy esp. on a hot down wave thing with loops and cut backs.

will go to regular suicide and use the bar end safety slides.