Power Kite Forum

a holiday kiteboarding in Cuba vid

markite - 30-4-2010 at 08:59 AM

I was down in Cuba kiteboarding a couple of weeks ago and a friend was down there at the same time kiteboarding a few miles away but we never saw each other. He posted a vid from his trip, kiteboarding, wandering around Varedero and some family relaxation. Nice vid especially if you wanted to see some Cuban street scenes - oh, he also said that the shots from high on the kite were with his Sony cam which was stolen from his luggage on the trip home.
http://vimeo.com/11340744
Mark

macboy - 30-4-2010 at 11:00 AM

Nice! Do you know what camera was doing the underwater stuff? Pretty neat to see the perspective on the waterslide - good quality image. ANd is that a canadian flag/maple leaf on the board? Where'd he get that?!

markite - 30-4-2010 at 11:19 AM

Here is what Sylvain (Sly) wrote:
"All filmed with GoPro except the far shots (kiting) which was filmed with my old Sony and which was stolen (with water housing) from my luggage on my way back home"

I thought more was the Sony but sounds like most was the GoPro. You can see the lower set-up on the lines that the camera does bobble a bit but it's more because of the small steering movement on the front lines of the kite.

For the boards, he has a couple custom Rogue Wave boards (long time board maker based out of Ontario) - that looks like one of his Rogue Wave boards. There are quite a few guys making their own boards as well as doing custom boards for others. Jim (who also didn't make it to NABX this year) is making kite boards under Jellyfish boards (also wakeskate and snowboards specifically for kiting after he built himself a nice press in the winter.