Power Kite Forum

Rollersurfer review (not a kite, but cool)

borntofli - 2-5-2010 at 06:25 PM

This is a rollersurfer... A 3 wheeled steerable land board... Pressure from one side of the board to another turns it via "shock absorbers"

Had it out on the beach today in 10 mph winds w/ a Bora 7 and was scootin pretty good.... Switching from toe to heel pressure turns it and once your movin its fairly nimble....

This should be something in Kami's arsenal...

There's only footstraps in the front cause you need to move your back foot around for balance and steering...

Easy to s turn to scrub off speed or to avoid small children..

Jibing isnt real easy, you need at least 20' wide hard packed or wet sand down wind, you can't slide it around like a buggy.(at least I can't) Once I get half way around I start shuffling my feet around staying on the down,soon to be upwind side to keep turning.... Would be much easier w/ a depower kite...

This would be great on a soccer field or park...

This is the only one I have ever seen... And it could be yours for a small price.. (shameless plug)

I tried to embed a video but I just cant get it to work....

indigo_wolf - 2-5-2010 at 06:54 PM

The "&" wasn't part of the movie id and you were missing the forward slash on the terminating "youtube" tag.

Good to go.

ATB,
Sam

borntofli - 2-5-2010 at 07:13 PM

I shouldn't live alone......

indigo_wolf - 2-5-2010 at 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by borntofli
I shouldn't live alone......

It's probably cool as long as you don't have ready access to active missile launch codes. :o ;-) :smilegrin:

ATB,
Sam

rocfighter - 4-5-2010 at 03:50 AM

Thanks for helping again Sam.
He got my pic of my buggy up too. I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know what to do!!!:spin:

Kamikuza - 4-5-2010 at 06:22 PM

Ha! :lol: looks cool :thumbup: