Power Kite Forum

OZONE FLOW 3m & 5m

powerkiter82 - 26-5-2010 at 08:54 AM

Now that I have had a chance to fly both of these kites for a while, I wanted to post a review on them.

I will start with the backpacks that the kites come in, even though they are simple, they are very functional and of high quality. The packs have ample room for storing multiple kites, I was able to put a 3m and 5m plus handles and an extra lineset in one pack with no problems. What else would you expect from OZONE.

The kite material is high quality ripstop, the bridles are very high quality and stitched rather than knotted, and have a very simple design to reduce tangles.

The handles are very comfortable to use for long periods since they are covered in neoprene. The top leader lines also have a neoprene covering to reduce chafing on your fingers if you fly without gloves. The kite killers are great quality as well, and the line set is very high quality, sleeved and stitched dyneema. One set of my lines have been used for about 10 months now and have not stretched at all.

The standard bar that comes as an option with the kites is not bad either, it's definitely not as good as the Turbo bar that everyone likes, but it gets the job done. It is great for learning bar control for someone new to the sport.

To start, the 3m even though not a high aspect ratio kite does turn fast, and even faster on handles as compared too on the standard Ozone bar. Even though it is a smaller kite don't let the size fool you. This thing pulls hard in higher winds. I have taken it out in 20-25 mph winds and it will pull every bit of my 290 lb arse around in the buggy without any trouble at all.

Now the 5m on the other hand pulls like a semi truck compared to the 3m. The 5m is the one to turn to on lighter wind days, and if you are a larger rider like myself it is a blast to fly when the winds start to pick up. As I stated above with the 3m, the 5m turns faster on the handles than the standard bar.

I have not had any issues with either kite such as luffing in gusty conditions. All in all both kites are excellent kites and another example of Ozone's high quality. I would definitely recommend the Ozone Flow to any kiter.

rythem - 25-6-2010 at 03:42 PM

I have a 4m ozone flow their great also easy to keep up in light winds