Power Kite Forum

PL Charger 15 first time out.

Jaymz - 3-7-2010 at 11:26 AM

Finally got to fly the Charger 15 in 10-14mph winds the other day :wee:
Internal straps full loose, front lines on the middle knot, clam cleat strap out/full power. I'm fairly green and my only comparison is 6M and 14M Gin Eskimos and short sessions static flying borrowed ARC's.
First prop goes to turning speed. LOVE IT. The 15 turns almost as fast as my 6M Gin and is rock solid stable. The Gin 14 is a slug in comparison. Flew a 12M Cabrina Switchblade LEI yesterday. Great power and seemed to turn about as fast but the LEI was real twitchy.
Bar preasure was the lightest I've flown and really liked the long throw. Pull/grunt was similar to the 14M Gin, not overly impressed, but just starting to get a feel for the Charger. Jumps were about as big as the Gin 14, but much floatier with the redirect and again should improve with time.
Auto Zenith was nice and the Charger stayed put with very little input. I have to say the Gin 14 sits at Zenith almost as well once parked.
I tried everything to land and ended up letting go of the bar and landing on the leash. Staked, then ran down to flag the kite and get ready for relaunch later.
Next session I pulled the strap all the way in to see how much it would depower. It took SO MUCH power out of the kite there was minimal pull and it would barely fly. Me thinks the 15 might have a huge range? Maybe to 25-30mph?
So had a good first flight, I'm stoked with the stability and turning agility of the Charger 15, and can't wait to fly in the buggy and on the water after I get some board skills down.

Stay tuned :singing:

rando - 3-7-2010 at 02:21 PM

I can't wait to see that thing on the water. I bet its gonna be good :D

Kamikuza - 3-7-2010 at 06:16 PM

Sounds good :) I've been impressed with the turning speed of the 19m Synergy too ... but then, I'm comparing it to all the old kites I've flown :lol:

PHREERIDER - 5-7-2010 at 08:40 AM

the CH15 is fast kite. quick on the turns and loops

i have ran some high wind sessions and it handles the same in 25-30.

ATB sessions 10-20mph are just incredible, on the water 15-25mph the same.

quite a bit of range but has limits