Power Kite Forum

S-arc 460

Bladerunner - 24-7-2010 at 04:32 PM

The S must be for So Sweet!

It was a steady clean 12mph + today and I wanted a gentle fly while nursing a bad ankle so decided to see what my new ( to me ) S-arc 460 was like in it's low end. At 12ish I fully expected it wouldn't pull at all but I WAS WRONG ! :o

:wee: WOWZERS :wee:

The little beasty was shockingly easy to launch. FAaassst and loops before you know it ! So predictable and fast to respond . Just shocking to think it is old technology. Easy to fly blind with fantastic bar feedback and not much bar pressure at all in such low wind.

In that little wind I was able to weave my way at will around all the ostacles present with the buggy. I could even ride straight upwind for good lengths of time!!! I DO mean straight upwind ! :wow:

I had it in the Medium Navi' bar and did not bother to set it to small but can see it would be a must in higher winds.I have been forwarned that this little guy doesn't have much depower but think the Navi' bar may be a good match for getting the most out of it ? It seemed pretty good today?

The auto zenith was STRONG ! It wanted to stay there even in the occasional lull. There is no way I could have trusted the auto zenith on my 10m Charger in such low winds. ( never again ! ) I was generating power comperable to my 10m Charger and keeping on top of the high speed was much easier with the tiny turning radius!

This was one of those kites that you pick up and feel like you have been flying it your whole life , if you are an arch-aholic!

I think the 10m Charger will be taking a back seat to this kite for a little while ! :yes:

AMAZING !!! :thumbup::thumbup:

csa_deadon - 24-7-2010 at 07:40 PM

Sounds like you had fun man. Hope to see it and you at Grayland at the end of August.

Bladerunner - 24-7-2010 at 08:19 PM

The only other event I can make is the Pasific Beach event in Aug.. That way at least I got to hit each beach once!
Will you make it there?

ripsessionkites - 24-7-2010 at 09:24 PM

Nice review, looking forward to a test drive.
What size is it?

Heal up soon, bro. I'll be back on the board myself soon. Kitebuggy only on the brain right now.