Power Kite Forum

Confessions... strapped surfboard, new lines on kite... Its a whole new world

borntofli - 27-7-2010 at 06:16 PM

Got my line problem solved on the speed 17.. Adjusted according to specs,+-... Only thing I changed was made it a long throw....

Before I needed 11-12 kts just to be able to get out on the water, now standing on the beach in 13kts trimmer pulled all the way in I can barely hold it down.. Standing there all I had to do was pull in the bar and up in the air I go.. No kite movement just pull the bar and up up away....I'm thinkin 8-9 kts and I'm rockin... Can't wait to get it back from the shop and try it again.... That's why I bought it was for light winds, my pulse was almost equal to it before....

Heres the wind data so you know i'm not fibbin ya....I was out from 4 - 7:30 when i couldn't hold the pulse down anymore.

After I landed the kite I noticed I had a seam rip..... Off to the shop it goes..... Strange...

I launched the 12 pulse and had a go w/ the new strapped slingshot sst... I have the straps adjusted wrong so even loosening them all the way hard to get the feet in in a hurry in the waves... But, got up on it and rode but was kind of slogging.. I think i'm riding too much on the rail and not flat and on the fins like a surfboard.

Got a little too far out to sea into the bigger waves and wiped out and struggled a while to get it back on my feet and get going again..

Coming back in as I got close to shore I made the mistake of trying to edge it like a twintip, the fins don't like to go sideways the board stops and launched I am..;.. But I got up, went out and came back... That's a start....

I think I'll spend my next sessions at the flatwater spot that I found close to maximize my time....

A fun day at the beach when I should have been working....

As usual, the only kiter out.....

Kamikuza - 27-7-2010 at 06:28 PM

Nice!!! I love the 'pull the bar and hover' moments eh ... means there's enough wind to really ride too :)
What adjustments did you do?

borntofli - 27-7-2010 at 07:08 PM

after I changed the lines I had to lengthen the center line 4"... I think the airfoil looked like a Z before.... It's a whole new kite... Hovers above like an arc now.... I'll give a new report when I get it back from the shop....