Power Kite Forum

PKD 10M Century and 10M Buster

fletcht - 30-7-2010 at 08:57 PM

Short first impressions. Jeff (Big Kid Kites) let me use some of his lonesome neglected kites this weekend. Had the 10 M Century and 10M Buster out in about 6 minus mph winds from the SSW. I was losing beach quickly. First impressions the Century is a real performer. Very good upwind, and fast. I didn't have the room on the beach to really put it to it's potential but I could see that it is there. I would like to get more time with it when there is more room to run. It needs room to go. On the other hand, in a short area, I could get to it respond very quickly, making very short tacks back and forth. With 6- winds plowing through the soft sand was a chore, but it had the grunt to do it. Bottom line I liked it. Played with different handles and lines through the day as well.
The 10 M Buster - what can I say, gentle giant. Not the performance of the Century, but easy to fly, comfortable, stable, moderate upwind. I parked it where I started. I would of used this to give my 88 year old Mother in Law a tandem ride if I hadn't run out of beach. Maybe tomorrow. Bottom line, first impressions where very good. Very fun easy to fly.

furbowski - 1-8-2010 at 05:30 AM

spam reported....

wish i had the skills to appreciate the century....

bigkid - 1-8-2010 at 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by furbowski
wish i had the skills to appreciate the century....

They are easy to fly, a little time and its off and bugging...

Glad to hear someone can use the kites, helps to keep the dust down to a minimum.