Power Kite Forum

I gone over to the dark side ...

Kamikuza - 16-8-2010 at 06:48 AM

Bought a modern pumpy :eek:

http://kiteosomatic.blogspot.com/2010/08/crossbow-for-win-so...

power - 16-8-2010 at 10:22 AM

YEAAA

manitoulinkiter1 - 16-8-2010 at 01:36 PM

Hey

What size is it?
I have quite a few Cabrhinas ( Switchblade 3 and a Contra 3)
Can't say nothing bad about them.
10 to 12 knots is bottom end for just about any inflatable. My Contra is a 14 meter and 12 is the least amount of wind I will bother pumping up for.
Wait until you try relaunching in 14 knots or so. It will be as fast as the Flysurfer. A little more wind will make a huge difference.

John

kiterformeerlyknownas - 16-8-2010 at 03:45 PM

nice kite Kev.......................X Bow, and OR Rise are huge in Charleston.............................soon youll have the unassisted launch and land down no worries.....................

arkay - 16-8-2010 at 05:01 PM

I've been thinking of picking up a OR Rise or SS Rev... :evil:

Kamikuza - 16-8-2010 at 05:45 PM

16 of course :lol: wasn't going to waste time hauling my large backside around on anything smaller ;) although, when the winds pick up in Autumn and Spring I might like a 13 or so ...

AD72 - 16-8-2010 at 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by arkay
I've been thinking of picking up a OR Rise or SS Rev... :evil:

I have been looking at the Rise as well with the 140 Mako. I tried a 9M 2010 Rebel and liked it.

tridude - 16-8-2010 at 06:04 PM

Kev,

We have a local guy about your size who rides a 14m OR Rise and 11.5 Kahoona. He has a 164 door and the Mako King...............Id say the 13 would be a good choice for your high winder. I can hold my 13m Rev in 20kts. Hands down the inflatables are faster and have more power in transitions/turns. My 13 and 9m Revs have plenty of float which was a nice surprise. The smaller inflatables are awesome strapless. I realize this is a dominant foil crowd but for water use the new inflatables deserve a hard look. Easy to fly, huge depower, easy relaunch etc................

Kamikuza - 16-8-2010 at 06:20 PM

Rip has hooked me up with a Flyboards Door XL :thumbup: and I got 3 others here :o a North with too much rocker and the Spleene Rip Plus that'll probably get broken quickly :lol: after getting used to the old Door, the Square One is such a dog! :lol:
Still think the Synergy makes more power in the turns but certainly the Xbow is easier to fly over all ... also, being able to get assistance to launch and land is nice too - will open a few more areas here that are too tight to get into with the foils or arcs!

Keeping the Synergy's for the land though! :yes:

kiterformeerlyknownas - 16-8-2010 at 06:28 PM

Syns are sweet on land and water. I flew BBs 15 Syn last month and really enjoyed it. You may want to try a 12m North Vegas--no pulleys, direct feel, and huge depower with the 5th line. This will be loads faster than your XBow and more powerful in the turns over your Synergy. My son rides a 10m Vegas and it is almost a one kite quiver for him........................

Kamikuza - 16-8-2010 at 06:33 PM

This is Japan ... "Ah so you wanna demo? Then buy it" :( I LURVE the North bars ... best designed IMHO and I liked the Rebel I flew in Thailand ... next time maybe :D

kiterformeerlyknownas - 16-8-2010 at 06:52 PM

Seems a few of us have strayed if you will. Phree, you and I, Big Steve has dabbeled, and AD 72. Im keeping my 12m S2 for the buggy and lower winds on the water but I find myself reaching for the Rev more often than not. Im working a deal on a 12m RPM. If it works out Ill be selling the 13m Rev if your interested.

Agree, the North bar is awesome as is the new Slingshot Comp. The inflatable manufacturers have raised the bar(:eureka:) no question. Safety feratures and re-ride are awesome.

PHREERIDER - 16-8-2010 at 07:01 PM

they all make power

a bow is park and ride with a throttle

a 16m cab perfect starter for a big guy. my first kite surf rides where 16m naish ckite and 16m bow LF. about 300 hours ,, more power than i knew what to do with. quickly acclimated me to acceleration in 20knots! arcs are just more comfortable power without the beating, their performance really only available once balance and timing are solid. with heavy bar feedback it gives a big guy plenty to hold onto at first. some lighter bar feel setups offer poor feed back and harder to feel to fly blind .

fly it til you break it !

kiterformeerlyknownas - 20-8-2010 at 03:42 PM

hows the Cab working out?

Kamikuza - 20-8-2010 at 05:33 PM

Had three days on it this week. Pretty easy to ride eh :) Nice to be able to launch/land easier and take a break!

... that bar is pretty hard though, must be smaller diameter than the PL or FS one - ripped hell out of the skin on my fingers and I got a callous forming on one :( boo hoo :lol: