Power Kite Forum

Finally got to try the bee on crack on the water....

borntofli - 20-8-2010 at 05:54 PM

Winds were 20 kts +- so finally got to try the syn 10 on the water... Took a while to get used to... Its soo fast... Dive for a water start and its like a rocket launcher.

I was at the low end of its wind range so really had to throw it around, and I mean throw it around... Once I got used to it, it was fun watching the kite zoom up and down all around.

I'm so used the the big slow speed, this was a nice change..

transitions weren't real pretty, but good for board recovery skills..

I find that switching kite types, (speed to pulse, to arc) for the first 10 minutes its like i've never kited before...They are all so different... Can't wait to try out my new kite when it comes next week.... Another totally different one for me.....

Love the bee on crack and really like the arcs for ease of setup, launching and landing... I wouldn't be afraid to launch and land an arc in 50 mph wind..There are none easier....

AD72 - 20-8-2010 at 06:06 PM

Wha new kite ya got coming?

AD72 - 22-8-2010 at 05:47 PM

I flew Bobby's 10M this weekend with the Buggy with winds in the teens. It was fun. I like how it moves. It probably goes a lot faster in the conditions for kitesurfing. I would like to try it on the water. It had a lot of bar pressure with the bar pulled in compared to the Pulse on the second knot.

BeamerBob - 22-8-2010 at 06:03 PM

I really liked that kite in the buggy myself. Mid day I tightened up all the internal straps about half way and its pull and turning speed really improved. AD I had done this when you flew it. Next time I'll fiddle with the vpc straps to see how it reacts to that. This kite will be a blast over 20 in the buggy and I don't know what the top end will be. I had a bar I had just reworked everything on and it worked great with a little extra throw and extra length in the leaders. I think I'll shorten up my leaders a bit and I need to make some kook proof connectors if tridude can't find a set laying around. I loved to keep it ahead of me just before a turn and then swoop it straight across the power zone and pull in the bar while I turned the buggy. It was like lighting the afterburners every time. I have a high anticipation to try this kite at Ivanpah. It's going to have just the right amount of power to really load up when the buggy builds some speed. AD you are welcome to give it a go on the water.

AD72 - 22-8-2010 at 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BeamerBob
AD you are welcome to give it a go on the water.

Yay! The bar setup had a North IH and clamcleat with the pulley. When I few it the depower line looked like it could have been powered up a bit more and I had the bar pulled all the way in to get the most power out of it at that wind speed.

I noticed that it performed better with little bar depower input as compared to the Phantom which I used a lot of bar pumping to keep it going.

PHREERIDER - 22-8-2010 at 06:23 PM

the smaller arcs are sensitive with intense bar pressure when lit , smaller bar !!

to me, very tedious in nuclear conditions , very much like c-kites , full solid, all speed.......depower is kinda in there, the auto zenith on arcs by far helps v. a regular c-kite.

the wind speed at your spot and your weight only await for the right rig with timing and power to match your skill and progression.

if you like the way 10 syn feels , i bet an 10/11m c hybrid would be a great all around 12mph to 20mph with similar speed and bonus power.

arkay - 22-8-2010 at 10:54 PM

Did you give it a dunk in the water for relaunch? And that kite will jacking me at about 35mph @ 210#. Not a fun experience :( Arcs do have their limits...

BeamerBob - 23-8-2010 at 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by arkay
Did you give it a dunk in the water for relaunch? And that kite will jacking me at about 35mph @ 210#. Not a fun experience :( Arcs do have their limits...

I've dunked my 15 syn in the water. Just a quick tug on the center lines sends it flying again. Haven't had the 10 on the water but imagine I would need 25 to even get started. Arkay, have you had one on the water? Heck mine might have been yours I got from tridude.