Power Kite Forum

Skydog 2.8m

rocfighter - 4-10-2010 at 06:55 AM

This is a great starter fb foil for any one looking to get into power kiting. It comes in a heavy duty shouldr bag and comes ready to fly with handles, lines, kite killers, and kite stake. I took it out in what was supposed to be 10-20mph to do some static flying and buggying. As usual the weather man was wrong and we had 5-10 with gusts to 30. The kite awas great in the lesser winds but unlike the 4.0m it does not absorb the gusts and tossed my little 200lb self around. Also like the larger Skydog foils 4.0,5.5m it does not have much of any lift So this is not the kite for ATB or jumping. But very hard puller in the power zone. Had the wind been cleaner and not so many people around I would have done some buggying with it. But there was a car show and way to many spectators to run over. So I just flew static.
This kite is quick to respond to the controls and stays in the power zone with little effort. All in all I would recomend this kite to a beginner or some one looking for a smaller kite for fun and excersize.
rocfighter aka Dave.

cheezycheese - 4-10-2010 at 07:00 AM

Bring 'er to WW Dave... :cool:

Bladerunner - 4-10-2010 at 07:51 AM

Is it just me or do others expect a kite named "Skydog " to fly like a dog? :puzzled:

bobalooie57 - 4-10-2010 at 07:59 AM

Prolly just you...:smilegrin: jk I guess most of us just don't know what to expect until we grab the handles. Snowspider had his 'new' to him, Viper's out this weekend, and although I didn't fly them, I watched as he did, at first tentative, then with confidence, grabbin some air here and there. I guess ya never know 'til you try 'em!:wee:

indigo_wolf - 4-10-2010 at 08:12 AM

KTAI Manufacturer of the Year pretty much out of the gate.... Jim Cosca is one of the driving forces... sooooo the thought never entered my head....

and the logo flat out rrrrrrrrocks.

ATB,
Sam

bobalooie57 - 4-10-2010 at 08:35 AM

:thumbup:

BigMikesKites - 4-10-2010 at 09:32 PM

Quote:

Is it just me or do others expect a kite named "Skydog " to fly like a dog?

They have a really nice flying kite. I've got a 2.8 I have used for a demo kite and people really like it. Their stunt kites are some of the best I've flown in the lower price ranges as well (under $200).

rocfighter - 5-10-2010 at 03:18 AM

FOr there stunt kites they have Dodd Gross designing them. As most know he was the driving force behing New Techs sport kites.

WELDNGOD - 5-10-2010 at 03:19 PM

cool

ihatework - 7-10-2010 at 07:14 PM

If anyone is in Northern California and would want to try out the 2.8 please let me know.

It's a great buggy kite and my first traction foil.