Power Kite Forum

Epic, gusting to Stupid

Kamikuza - 21-10-2010 at 11:19 PM

Had a big session yesterday - wrangled the day off work and headed to the lake in time to be on the water when the wind arrived at 2pm.

Had the Crossbow 16m up and was comfortably powered for about 10 minutes until the wind picked up a little more ... contemplated going home and getting a Synergy but all thoughts of less power were yoinked from my head by the first jump of the day :o

Up ... and up and up :lol: just when I thought I'd reached the apex of the jump, I could feel the kite surging upward again ... so I sheeted out a little and floated back to the water ... oh yeah I'm hooked!

The rest of the afternoon was more of the same :D good times!

flyjump - 22-10-2010 at 06:28 AM

yessssssssssssssssssss.....suck it up like a drop of water in the desert

arkay - 22-10-2010 at 04:30 PM

:bigok:

tridude - 22-10-2010 at 04:58 PM

nice....................X Bows are sweet.....................so what were the gusts topping out at? Totally agree with the bar comment.........................depower thru the bar is amazing...........................

Kamikuza - 23-10-2010 at 05:34 AM

Dunno ... it was pretty constant although it started to drop off a touch and I had to milk the gusts. When I packed up, the wind was still making the flag pole (old carbon wrapped windsurfer mast) bend back and forth in the wind. I'd say easy 17-20 knots steady. Didn't feel as windy as the day out on the 11m Bandit and that was 22 gusting to 30 ... but I may just have gotten used to the power :o

I got killed thighs even today, fighting the board to not get dragged downwind and holding an upwind course ... compared to the Silberpfeil, the 'bow really sits way downwind of me.