Power Kite Forum

New F-One vid showing The Source (F-One's new kite for SUP Kiting)

burritobandit - 7-11-2010 at 09:46 AM

Pretty chillax vid B)

http://source.f-onekites.com/

action jackson - 7-11-2010 at 10:56 AM

Thats what we call SUK ing!.........aj

Bladerunner - 7-11-2010 at 12:48 PM

2 LINE ?

No QR on the loop?

7m2 for 20kts but you need a 9 for 18? I have to change kites with 2 kt wind changes ?

I suppose you would only SUK in very low winds so would only need 1 kite ?? I think I would rather use a Speed to SUK so I wouldn't have to SUK NO MO' when the wind got decent? :spin:

Kamikuza - 7-11-2010 at 05:27 PM

Yeah, scores about a 9.5 on my "Why bother?" scale ...

tridude - 8-11-2010 at 07:33 AM

from a surfing viewpoint and not to be rude but Id rather paddle into a wave or out thru the break.....................

PHREERIDER - 8-11-2010 at 09:41 AM

speaking from experience, turning a sup and keeping the a kite going is job. hard to turn!

farting around in a straight run is fun and can be quite fast. you still need decent wind.

although the kites look really fun , hauling those SUPs is a complete turn off. make the chicks carry it!

two line c-kites in todays market talk about small niche. about 2 years from now these things may come free with new kite purchase!

cool vid always nice to see the ladies going at it!

acampbell - 8-11-2010 at 10:19 AM

yeah I see a 2-line C to be about as useful as a screen door in a submarine (you know, to keep the fish out).

manitoulinkiter1 - 9-11-2010 at 03:25 PM

Lol. some funny replies. I thought they worked very hard to make that look fun. As good as those guys are at kiting it still looked like a lot of work for little fun.
The ladies on the other hand, I could watch them for hours.

John

ripsessionkites - 11-11-2010 at 02:17 AM

i could do without the two line kite, brings me back to the Wipika days. i would like a SUP Board though for those summer days and getting Jr on my board. really what i wanted to say is Pick Up some hot girls on the beach. Don't tell Kitemama. :embarrased:

Kamikuza - 11-11-2010 at 05:33 PM

The wife wanted one "cos Cameron Diaz does it" then I told her how much they cost :lol: that was the end of that. Good thing too, I can barely fit the Flydoor in my car :o

burritobandit - 11-11-2010 at 05:51 PM

My buddy scored an old windsurfing board for $150 and it works great as a sup. That might be a used market to tap into for suping on the cheap..