Power Kite Forum

PKD Soulfly II

Corman - 4-12-2010 at 04:44 PM

After being given the chance to fly one of the worlds finest race kites, I must say that I enjoyed every second of flying with the PKD Soulfly II. It is truly an awesome kite!

When Dad brought home the bag of the Soulfly II's, I was eager to get out to the field and fly one. Ever since my first PKD, I was hooked for life. It felt like it was made for me. I loved to feel the power with this kite. I loved going out on the field, and see many cars stop and watch this beautiful kite fly through the sky.

Now down to business... how the kite handles. I can describe it with one word: PERFECT. Even with 2-3 mph wind, I had the 6m Soulfly II soaring through the sky with little to no trouble. It turns on a dime, for such a massive kite. The graphics look great, including the colors that it comes in. It's also very nice to have the graphics on the inside to see what everyone else sees when you're flying. All out great kite to own.

As the wind picked up, I could really feel the power increasing with this kite, as if it wanted more and more. As the wind picks up, your heart begins to race, and you suddenly have this big grin on your face while flying. With everything been said, if you have to opportunity to purchase one of the PKD Soulfly II's, you will be a very happy owner like I am.

And thank you Jeff, at Big Kid Kites, for all the help you have given me. It would be a pleasure to meet you face to face and fly a couple kites together one day.

WELDNGOD - 4-12-2010 at 05:02 PM

Nice review My Brother! I gotta say, I also love my PKDs.And I WILL be obtaining some more in the future.

tridude - 5-12-2010 at 07:25 AM

my understanding on the cents are race kite like but not as much as the Bats..........more user friendly with race kite characteristics...........bac.comk in the day on racekites.com forum alot of the UK buggy pilots loved the cents....................If only flown two race kites and both were on a KGB............love to get one out in a buggy..........................well if you count Speed 2s as racekites make that four..................:lol::lol::duh::duh:

acampbell - 5-12-2010 at 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Corman
After being given the chance to fly one of the worlds finest race kites, I must say that I enjoyed every second of flying with the PKD Soulfly II. It is truly an awesome kite!

Which PKD kite are you referring to? The "Soulfly" references the new graphics that apply to Buster and Century, so far. The "II" could refer to the Century.

It's confusing because PKD has both a UK and DE website, each of which are at odds with one another. Great kites but these guys cannot market themselves out of a brown paper bag.

dylanj423 - 5-12-2010 at 08:33 AM

as with anything in life, everybody has their own opinions.... here is mine, though not a glowing review, it is honest... you can count on me for that, at least

i loved my centuries... they were great buggy kites.... "were" being the operative word...

i bought a 6m centuryII based on my experience with the 1st gen.... they changed the profile and characteristics of the kite, though, and with their changes, i believe, lost the "buggy kite" edge that they had...

its a well made kite, to be sure, but i liked theier predecessors better... the II's are thicker profile, heavier material, and im pretty sure, fatter AR... they definitely had more lift and drag flying through the air...

i got yanked out of my buggy a few times before i decided to sell it... they have more power per sq m than the centI, but they centI was fast through the air, cut upwind very well, and had a thinner cross-section and higher AR

why they changed it, im not really sure... but i didnt like the changes they made... it is very well suited for static flying and even jumping (more lift than the centI) and landboarding if you like... but for the buggy, i didnt care for the second generation... not being able to obtain the 7.5 size in the original ... ahem-heliboy... (and being extremely anal about my kites matching) i decided to sell all the centuries off and make the change to some race kites

tridude - 5-12-2010 at 08:35 AM

nice catch A..............I thought he was referring to the cents.......................

WELDNGOD - 5-12-2010 at 10:38 AM

I can answer for him, as I'm getting the 8m. They are cents!....:wee::wee:

cheezycheese - 5-12-2010 at 10:43 AM

Dylan, what model did you sell me...? I like it in the buggy, great 2.5 engine to me...

dylanj423 - 5-12-2010 at 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cheezycheese
Dylan, what model did you sell me...? I like it in the buggy, great 2.5 engine to me...

you have the cent I .... and yes, great kite... loved 'em

Corman - 5-12-2010 at 02:29 PM

Thank you everyone for the replies.

This was based on how I see the kite, and I truly love this kite. The graphics work great for me, looking like the century I but now on the inside as well.

Thank you Donnie, and I hope you have a great time with the 8m!

heliboy50 - 6-12-2010 at 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dylanj423
... not being able to obtain the 7.5 size in the original ... ahem-heliboy...

Oops- I do kinda have a case of of the Kami's from time to time... Well they went to a good home.:thumbup: