Power Kite Forum

For Tridude!

nfleech - 21-2-2011 at 10:33 AM

http://vimeo.com/20186266

Quick video put together for Don Leech "tridude", who is battling cancer. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers as he battles the big C.

AD72 - 21-2-2011 at 12:38 PM

I am sorry to hear that. He is in my thoughts and prayers. Keep him strong. He has been and will continue to be a great inspiration for me.

cheezycheese - 21-2-2011 at 12:40 PM

my prayers go out to you and your family....

macboy - 21-2-2011 at 02:57 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. My prayers are with you and yours Tridude. Fight, fight, fight. My step mom is fighting with you and I've never seen her with more of a zest for living.

markite - 22-2-2011 at 07:15 AM

My thoughts and prayers for you as well. I'm sure all of your kiting family here is pulling for you.
Mark

Todd - 22-2-2011 at 07:18 AM

We're pulling for you to beat this Don! Prayers sent as well and please let us know if you need anything from the PKF family.

BeamerBob - 22-2-2011 at 07:57 AM

Don, I'm smashed to hear this. I know you will be strong and kick this thing way out past the sandbar. I'll call today.

labrat - 22-2-2011 at 09:34 AM

@nfleech - Thank you for the post and letting everyone know. I am sure you will be there to help however needed.

@tridude – Praying for you and your family.

mgatc - 22-2-2011 at 03:56 PM

Nate,

Thank you for sharing this with us.
There are many here who know and think the world of your father. There are many here who are benefactors of his selfless desire to introduce others to this wonderful thing that we do. His help and advice has always been freely given and is always welcome.
So now, it is our turn to be here for him and your family. We start with him being in our thoughts and prayers. Please let us know if and when there is anything else that we can do.

Mel

Kamikuza - 22-2-2011 at 05:06 PM

Aw crap :( sorry to hear that! Best wishes and hang in there!

borntofli - 22-2-2011 at 06:19 PM

Damn....... I don't know what to say...... The only known cure is to pump up that kite and tear them waves up......

But seriously, my thoughts are with you and I know the outcome will be good....

Brian

ripsessionkites - 22-2-2011 at 06:26 PM

all the best, if you need anything just call

Bladerunner - 22-2-2011 at 06:38 PM

Fortunatlely you are prepared for battle. Time to fight like never before !

All PKF is there for you.

Looking_Up - 22-2-2011 at 07:18 PM

Prayers comencing

BeamerBob - 22-2-2011 at 07:46 PM

Mel you said it well. Don has by far taught me more about kiting And spent more hours getting me through the next thing I was working on. Body dragging, kite boarding, making my first bar for my phantom. Don has always been at my side or on the phone to selflessly guide me along. And yes he is prepared for battle. Go get it Don. No backup lights!

Jaymz - 22-2-2011 at 10:07 PM

Really sux that bad things happen to the best people.
Stay strong and postive, and you will beat this and have a renewed outlook on life. We're all praying for you.

lunchbox - 22-2-2011 at 10:17 PM

Stay positive Don...you can beat this!!! All the best to you and your family...my prayers are with you!

shaggs2riches - 23-2-2011 at 07:38 AM

So sorry to hear this. You can and will pull through. Thoughts and Prayers coming from our family to yours.

tridude - 23-2-2011 at 05:23 PM

thanks to everyone for your prayers and best wishes...............................a tough fight ahead but one that "we" will win...................great winds and thanks to all of you here on PKF, I'll be back................................."fly hard", fly safe, and fly it like you stole it"..............................................................:smilegrin:

pokitetrash - 23-2-2011 at 07:06 PM

Praying for you Don. You'll be back buying and selling your next "Last" kites in no time...

Todd - 23-2-2011 at 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tridude
..............................................................:smilegrin:

Don, that's not going to cut it we need the patented.................................:lol::lol::duh::duh: special! You can do it Brother!

:smilegrin:

acampbell - 24-2-2011 at 07:32 AM

I have been off grid for a few days and just saw this. I just spoke briefly with Don, on the way to a procedure. I will let the Leech family share what they like but the prognosis is good after what sounds like a tough initial fight.

For those of you who have not yet met Don in person, well.... let's just say the Big C has met its match and is about to get its butt handed back. The screen name "Tridude" comes from his fondness for Triathlons and he is well fit for that at 50 something. And we all know about his passionate attitude, heh heh heh. :smilegrin:

Furthermore he does not have some of the complications and distractions that other patients in his lot have, so everything looks good, but lets all keep the positive thoughts pumping.

Nate says that his spirits are good and he is already talking about the buggy for the weekend. Way to go Don!

Seanny - 24-2-2011 at 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Todd
Quote:
Originally posted by tridude
..............................................................:smilegrin:

Don, that's not going to cut it we need the patented.................................:lol::lol::duh::duh: special! You can do it Brother!

:smilegrin:

Ha! :):) Good......................................................................luck................................................................Don!! Well, Mr. Don to me :D We're all rooting for you!

Keep this bumped a while, eh? :wee:

erratic winds - 24-2-2011 at 06:51 PM

I am not a praying person but you have been in my thoughts. I have nothing but the highest of hopes for this battle for you, and I don't doubt that you're going to kick it's ass. Anyone with as much passion & joi de vivre as you have won't be cut down by 'the c'.

I really look forward to hearing about when the only C in your life is C-kites. I know it'll be soon!

B-Roc - 24-2-2011 at 08:50 PM

Hey Don, I"m really sorry to hear the news. Back in the day it was you and DaVinch / Second Wind who got me hooked on the Begos and while I don't fly them much any more I would have never owned them if it weren't for the two of you.

I'll add you to my prayer list and pray for a total recovery. Though I only know you through PKF, I know if anyone out there is tough and determined enough to beat cancer, its you. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family and please keep us posted as you run this current race. You've got what it takes to beat it. Now get those docs in line so they know the caliber and drive of the man they are treating.

Most people are scared to get cancer but in this case I don't think cancer has any idea of who its dealing with :o;):yes:

BeamerBob - 28-2-2011 at 08:18 PM

I talked to Don today for quite awhile. His prognosis is good as well as his attitude. Keep the vibe here shining a light on him and his family. He can feel it. Rock on Don. No backing up...........................:lol::lol::duh::duh:

Great vid Nate! We need some vid with that Hadlow in frame. We want to see what she's made of.

tridude - 3-3-2011 at 04:25 PM

thanks for all yor prayers and well wishes....................finishing up my 1st week of chemo and my oconologist is stoked.................aggressive treatment but Im handing it well.....................might even make a buggy run this weekend................hair still intact for another week or so but again look for me at JIBE with the bald head and pump.............................:lol::lol::duh::duh:

BeamerBob - 3-3-2011 at 04:59 PM

Glad you made it through the first week staying strong Don. Thinking about you quite often. Keep us posted.

mgatc - 3-3-2011 at 08:03 PM

Way to go Mate! Stay strong and use the force (wind force, that is):yes:

SecondWind - 4-3-2011 at 04:15 AM

Best of luck Don! You can do it :thumbup:

Yes - Tridude is the Bego man. I really enjoyed the 400 & 600. I think Don had a 200 also at one point.

Quote:
Originally posted by B-Roc
Hey Don, I"m really sorry to hear the news. Back in the day it was you and DaVinch / Second Wind who got me hooked on the Begos and while I don't fly them much any more I would have never owned them if it weren't for the two of you.

I'll add you to my prayer list and pray for a total recovery. Though I only know you through PKF, I know if anyone out there is tough and determined enough to beat cancer, its you. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family and please keep us posted as you run this current race. You've got what it takes to beat it. Now get those docs in line so they know the caliber and drive of the man they are treating.

Most people are scared to get cancer but in this case I don't think cancer has any idea of who its dealing with :o;):yes: