Power Kite Forum

Phantom 2 design? Your thoughts.

WIllardTheGrey - 17-4-2011 at 01:59 AM

I like it, but like the smooth lines of MK1 a little more.

EDIT I got this from the PL Facebook page.

indigo_wolf - 17-4-2011 at 04:55 AM

The old design

had a lot more character and harkened back to

and this

Which always struck me as an oblique homage to

the new design

Just strikes me as more generic and seems skewed more toward the trend to throw skulls on tactical gear to make it "cooler":

ATB,
Sam

flexiblade - 17-4-2011 at 01:00 PM

Not a fan of the green skull graphic from the top - too harsh and distant from the original - I like the original stylized version that was reminiscent of the phantom comic - just a solid graphic. If they had to change something it should be how they are placing the graphic on the kite and maybe some slightly different line work - but use the same basic "recognizable" graphic.

By the way very nice work indigo_wolf for the reference material collage.

macboy - 17-4-2011 at 06:01 PM

It's upside down too - no?

loco - 17-4-2011 at 06:15 PM

It is still way better than when Peter Lynn produced the GUERilla with a picture of a GORilla on it.

Bladerunner - 17-4-2011 at 07:17 PM

If this is the final graphics holding off on buying one just got a whole lot easier !
I'm way too old to fly a skull kite ! Are they aiming at the young whipper loopers with this arc to? :dunno:

pbc - 18-4-2011 at 05:25 AM

It hovers between evil and comic while failing at both. Not that I want either.

I sure hope this is just a troll.

Philip

flyjump - 18-4-2011 at 05:43 AM

lol oh you guys, the phantom is still in the prototype stage. i don't know if you realize that is a photo of Feyds kite in the air....that kite is all black and someone edited it with those graphics on there

Bladerunner - 18-4-2011 at 06:35 AM

Very good news !

I am pretty shocked at how many actually do like it?

flyjump - 18-4-2011 at 06:39 AM

i am anxious as well to see what the new graphics are, but i think it'll be awhile