Power Kite Forum

Pansh Ace 7m

RePT - 24-4-2011 at 03:29 AM

Hi there,

purchased one of these recently, and just want to give it its justice!

I took it to our local park 'hersall commons' where winds ranged between 4-6mph.. and this wasn't constant wind, it was windy then stopped etc, however this kite has been a beauty so far!

Its a cheap kite, probably cause its made of low quality and chineese, however it will give you an epic ride and adrenaline rush! It lifted me 2 ft in the air, in 4-6mph winds!

This kite is easily controllable, very comfortable and relieable.

it has alot of pull power, and lift power, so i wouldnt suggest using it in high winds unless you know what you are doing!

This is my second kite, my first was a 2.2m. I won't fly this in high winds because its already scary enough in low!

i dont know what im doing, but you probably have already realised that, knowing that i went from 2.2 to a 7. but it was a great deal and absolutely worth it, and if your area has constant low winds, this this is the ideal kite for you!

I recently also purchased a buggy, (peter lynn) to use with this kite, and now just need to practise to get it going!

alot of people will probably critisize this kite, i too would(due to its origin) however, once you own one you will realise how much of a great value kite it is!

for per personally, i dont fly it alot..ive flown it about 3 times in the past two weeks in our local park, and thats probably only because its new to me.

to sum this all up,

this kite is the IDEAL and PERFECT kite for all you guys out there who want to get into power kiting but just simply cant afford and £200-400 designer kite. this kite will be perfect for those who live in the central area of the UK where the wind isnt usually high, constantly ranging between 2-8mph.

if i enjoy a cheap chineese kite, i do wonder what flexifoil kites are like :o (with all the research in their products!)

Bye for now,

any questions about my kite (the 7m version) please ask..

furbowski - 24-4-2011 at 04:44 AM

Quote:

if i enjoy a cheap chineese kite, i do wonder what flexifoil kites are like :o (with all the research in their products!)

I've jumped lots on both, so I can maybe say a little. the Aces have just about the pop of the iv's on 2nd setting (med lift) The blades are more stable, esp. at the edge, esp on low power setting. I find it a lot harder to keep my aces flying well while jumping in gusty winds than my blade. And yes while the flexi's are definitely very well built, the panshes are built just well enough.

Have fun.. but jump safe! (if that makes sense...)

Bladerunner - 24-4-2011 at 07:26 AM

Can you teach me how to jump in sub 10mph winds ? I have been trying for years now ! I can jump 2ft without a kite at all?

YES, Flexifoil and others do make better quaity stuff. I find it funny how many people come on here and buy a Pansh kite. Tell the world how great they are and only after they gain skills do they find the reasons that we all seem to move up. Yours is a pretty common form of excitement.

Pansh is a good start ! You seem to understand that it is just that, A place to start. Good to see you know the right winds to fly it in!

Have fun and learn to fly the kite before you try and jump with it !

You DO have a helmet?

Quote:
Originally posted by RePT
Hi there,

It lifted me 2 ft in the air, in 4-6mph winds!

this kite is the IDEAL and PERFECT kite for all you guys out there who want to get into power kiting but just simply cant afford and £200-400 designer kite. this kite will be perfect for those who live in the central area of the UK where the wind isnt usually high, constantly ranging between 2-8mph.

Bye for now,

any questions about my kite (the 7m version) please ask..

nomad - 24-4-2011 at 02:26 PM

OK OK if you've only had a 2.2 headworx? MMM, and Just got the Pansh how do you know its low quality? What comparison are you judging it with? Or is it just because its Chinese and cheap?. (very uneducated an damming quote)... My Pansh's are not low quality in fact on a par with HQ, and fly prefect. Wonder what the Flexifoil kites are like?, expensive :shocked2:!!

RePT - 24-4-2011 at 02:38 PM

Blade - I didnt jump, it jumped me.

"YES, Flexifoil and others do make better quaity stuff. I find it funny how many people come on here and buy a Pansh kite. Tell the world how great they are and only after they gain skills do they find the reasons that we all seem to move up. Yours is a pretty common form of excitement. "

^valid point i suppose, obviously if you know better, then thats good for you! but from a beginners point of view its perfect =]

I have a helmet...yup...

nomad - i can only say the lines + handles are low quality, im pretty sure if i experienced a flexifoil id be able to point out alot more..

nomad - 24-4-2011 at 03:31 PM

mmmm the lines arn't the best but adequate and you can always update, :) its all well and good going on about Flexifoil but Pansh are good so dont be put off by what some might say. get to give the 7a good fly first and keep the bugger in low winds and mabee try a Pansh blaze or airlink 1/2 the price but a bloody good kite. dont get cought up in the name game and just enjoy :smilegrin: