Power Kite Forum

What's that in my bag o' tricks? Oh! It's SWITCH!

macboy - 3-5-2011 at 11:30 AM

BOOYEAH! I got it. I am now the proud bearer of the elusive (to me) switch skill. A 9m Turbo Diesel up above, a Door under my feet and top notch instruction and it was mine for the taking. It came with a bonus bag that had a few other goodies inside it like my first few transitions and a nice teaser can of "stay upwind" (a bit).

This feels GREAT!

We're hoping for more wind Thursday afternoon to switch out my can of "stay upwind" (a bit) for a kegger of "done deal" but if I had to go home now without flying again I'd be smiling just as wide.

BeamerBob - 3-5-2011 at 04:10 PM

You GO Macboy! It's so cool to be on the water and step through the levels like that.

Bladerunner - 3-5-2011 at 04:31 PM

BREATHROUGH TIME !!!!! :bouncy:

Kamikuza - 3-5-2011 at 04:37 PM

Good job that man!

PHREERIDER - 3-5-2011 at 06:17 PM

right on MAC!

macboy - 8-5-2011 at 01:33 PM

Talk about value added service. I got these this morning from my instructor.....seems some sneaky sneakerson was snapping some photos of my lesson and caught me in the act of riding switch!

switch.jpg - 150kB

markite - 8-5-2011 at 03:27 PM

Nice, the trip was well worth it from the reports, not only kiteboarding but the family holiday.
....was tempted to draw in shark fins behind you "Ummmmm switch!!"

cheezycheese - 8-5-2011 at 10:27 PM

lesson time please... riding "switch" means.... what....?:puzzled:

Kamikuza - 8-5-2011 at 11:33 PM

Your goofy foot forward - me, I lead with my left for skate- or snowboarding, so 'natural' for me is a port tack. Switch is riding to my right ... some people have problems with it - I never did but I do have trouble "doing" stuff one way or the other ...