Power Kite Forum

check it.... its me with hair towards the end of the summer lol, Kami too

Drewculous - 6-5-2011 at 07:44 PM

Kamikuza - 6-5-2011 at 07:46 PM

Mmm now I want some orange shorts ... :lol: nice vid! Beautiful location :o

Drewculous - 6-5-2011 at 07:49 PM

swear to god im gonna loop a damn kite this summer... be it a best, wainman, cab, hell, might go try the phanny if i get real froggy (apparently it can be done lmao)

Seanny - 6-5-2011 at 07:56 PM

It's like getting a shot when you're a kid (or maybe you're a needle-intolerant grown man). All the drama that builds up before it actually happens, then you loop that sucker, it takes two seconds or less, you get dragged 50 yards, and it's done. And then after you're done crying, you realize that it really wasn't that bad :P

I've looped all of my kites, now including the 16m Scorpion, and I've looped other people's kites also. You can do it :lol: I've never looped an LEI before, but I'd imagine that it's super easy.

Drewculous - 6-5-2011 at 08:05 PM

In jumps, or just scuds and buggies?

Ive looped 'em but never in a jump... my kiwis aint that big yet lol

This is "kiteloop" in my book
IN MY WILDEST DREAMS (one of my all time favorite kite vids)

Seanny - 6-5-2011 at 08:15 PM

I've looped all of my kites in a scud, my Twister 4.1 and V13 riding an ATB, and my V13 in the air.

Based on my experience with looping the V13 on a jump... I don't think I'll ever do it again. It was partially by accident, as I didn't know where to redirect the kite so I just did a loop. But I hit the ground hard and very fast and got dragged quite a ways even though the kite had already righted itself.

If you're going to loop an ARC, in the air, while riding on land... I wouldn't use anything slower than a Charger, unless you're very high in the air. My Venom is modified to make it turn faster... and believe me, I can whip it around pretty easily... but not THAT easily... the kitesurfing guys in the vids can downloop their kites in a split second. It doesn't exactly work that way with foil kites.

Just my two cents.

EDIT: It also appears that they're using short lines in your vid, only 15/20m or so.

Drewculous - 6-5-2011 at 08:21 PM

lol yeah, not gonna loop the phanny

but if i happen upon an Xbow in the next month or so... :ninja:

hell yea!

len10 is just a madman! If im ever half that crazy it'll be far enough for me lol

Seanny - 6-5-2011 at 08:28 PM

Len10 is sick, man. I love watching his vids. That's one of the disadvantages to riding an ATB... you can't do that kind of #@%$#! in a field... I mean, I know water still hurts when you come down hard on it, but it's definitely softer than a full body vs. earth impact...

Kamikuza - 6-5-2011 at 08:29 PM

Just make sure you got a camera on you when you do it, Drew :lol:

Drewculous - 6-5-2011 at 08:30 PM

camera should be here in a couple of days actually

im gonna :Ange09:

Kamikuza - 6-5-2011 at 08:32 PM

HAVING a camera and actually TAKING it with me are two different things :D

Drewculous - 6-5-2011 at 08:33 PM

im gonna post a vid of me smoking Mougl at JIBE in the pink skirt race :lol:

stetson05 - 7-5-2011 at 07:19 PM

those are some great conditions you found in Nebraska. Be careful with the camera. I find that when it is with me the winds don't show

PHREERIDER - 9-5-2011 at 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kamikuza
HAVING a camera and actually TAKING it with me are two different things :D

so true. more so remembering to charge it. probably has something to do with the edit time that will at some point eat a mountain of phree time.

Kamikuza - 9-5-2011 at 11:56 PM

Am getting better at editing - I watch it all through and make notes on what could be interesting, decide on a time limit then choose the best bits to fit ... before I ever get to the editing. Saves a bunch of time in rendering etc too.

mougl - 11-5-2011 at 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Drewculous
im gonna post a vid of me smoking Mougl at JIBE in the pink skirt race :lol:

If by smoking you mean looking sweet in a pink skirt, ok then yes you will :lol: