Power Kite Forum

How fast?

Drewculous - 6-5-2011 at 08:00 PM

so im watching some yt videos on surfing...... how fast are theses guys moving?

rough guess id say at least 20mph just to get going... any knowledge on an average here?

example:

AD72 - 6-5-2011 at 10:50 PM

The musick makes em' go faster!!! 7M on a twintip cruising like that had to be in the 20s. I see whitecaps on the water but not too crazy. My guess he is lighter than Kami too. Nice video except the music could have been more Metal.

Kamikuza - 7-5-2011 at 02:08 AM

You talking about wind speed or board speed?

If anyone read my blog :lol: last Thursday I was out on the lake ... wind was 4 to 7 knots at the water's edge when I unpacked the SA2 19. Once you can get up on a plane, you can diddle around quite slowly if you so desire.

I'm seriously contemplating a Black Box cos I like going fast :D

Drewculous - 7-5-2011 at 06:04 AM

Def board speed... It seems like whenever I see a helmet shot, it looks like they are flat moving! Wasnt sure if anyone had a water proof speedometer that they used

Kamikuza - 7-5-2011 at 06:12 AM

Black Box :yes: I dunno, a slow jog seems ridable ... depends on the size of the board etc of course. Next time out, I'll do a Jesus Walk and see if I can keep up :lol:

Missing the obvious question - why do you want to know?

Bladerunner - 7-5-2011 at 08:55 AM

Kami,

The Garmin Fortrex is almost a complete black box. Waterproof and tough. The stuff it will tell you is amazing. How high you jumped , if you jump high enough. Tides , sunset ...

Kamikuza - 7-5-2011 at 05:58 PM

Oooh ... and it's cheap too :o damn can't find the webpage for the Black Box :uh:

DERP! :lol:

http://www.shadowboxlive.com/

Kamikuza - 7-5-2011 at 06:01 PM

HOLY CRAP $500 so that's why I don't have one ...

Kamikuza - 7-5-2011 at 06:12 PM

Quote:
One afternoon i covered 48.9 km with a max speed of 41 km/h, averaging about 20 km/h in winds of about 12 to 15 knots. To put the speed in perspective go out and try and ride a bike/mountain bike on a road at that speed.

There you go - some data :) BTW I've done 50kph on a mountain bike under pedal power for a short burst ... nearly killed me :lol: