Power Kite Forum

ocean life!

PHREERIDER - 11-5-2011 at 07:29 PM

Session'd today off shore a bit and this 5-6 ft shark jumps out of the water for prey like 25yds in front of me ..cleared the surface by couple feet easy. not sure what kind black tip?? i'll reference later...

and AND new born dolphin being born , a pod was kinda stirring around together and this tiny thing rolls up on its mothers back.

not quite as intense as the whale breach couple weeks back , but all crazy beautiful.

mougl - 11-5-2011 at 07:49 PM

Phree...

I seriously need to learn to get on the water after hearing about your sessions. The things you encounter are amazing. Too many of us only get to see things like this on animal planet or discovery. You are truly blessed man...

action jackson - 11-5-2011 at 07:57 PM

I had a sea turtle pop up infront of me this morning, and a osprey with a fish in his talons this afternoon. I love the nature side of kiteboarding..................aj

tridude - 11-5-2011 at 08:01 PM

Nate says the sharks and sting rays (not skates) are in the breach and off the sandbars.........he told me JP took a stingray barb to the lower leg but is ok...................................................

Kamikuza - 11-5-2011 at 08:14 PM

Yikes! I think I prefer the dead fish and car tyres :o

arkay - 11-5-2011 at 09:18 PM

freaky... we had a rider down in newport that was chased by a great white... ag.

BeamerBob - 11-5-2011 at 11:01 PM

Mougl, remember that AJ and Phree in particular are doing things and going places that you and I shouldn't. They have the skill and experience to be safe doing so. That would really add an element to the session to see this stuff up close and personal. Airborne sharks not so much!

PHREERIDER - 12-5-2011 at 05:10 AM

the kings , i think there kings, that jump across in front me ..close like 10 feet. really shiny look like small king mackerels. see alot of those. surprised one hasn't hit me.

the rays and turtles are thick!

the jellies are as well but there not breaching ...yet.

acampbell - 12-5-2011 at 05:42 AM

I know folks who wear non-polarized glasses because they don't wanna see....

Drewculous - 12-5-2011 at 09:40 AM

Wow, I got face to face with a seal once while I was swimming around when I was little and that scared the crap outta me... Sharks and jellies, I think id go back to the beach, crack a beer, and soak in some sun lol!

Awesome tale tho :thumbup:

mougl - 12-5-2011 at 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Drewculous
Wow, I got face to face with a seal once while I was swimming around when I was little and that scared the crap outta me... Sharks and jellies, I think id go back to the beach, crack a beer, and soak in some sun lol!

Awesome tale tho :thumbup:

Wuss...

Drewculous - 12-5-2011 at 10:16 AM

I was like 8! Wtf? :lol:

snowspider - 12-5-2011 at 11:27 AM

Very cool , its good to be PHREE