Power Kite Forum

Beamer V 5m 2nd day out

viperkid181 - 27-5-2011 at 07:05 PM

Let me start by saying wow what a difference compared to the first day that I took the kite out for a fly in 20 mph winds lol. Today in Des Plaines, Il it was about 9 mph with barely any gusts. It actually felt like I was flying the kite and it wasn't flying me today. I was very pleased with the kites ability to still get some good amount of pull, not enough for scudding but still enough to work some muscles. Very pleased with the kites performance and would recommend it to others.

viperkid181 - 27-5-2011 at 07:05 PM

indigo_wolf - 28-5-2011 at 06:34 AM

Nice sequence composite in the first pic. :thumbup:

ATB,
Sam

bobalooie57 - 28-5-2011 at 07:03 AM

Yeah, I like that one too.( I wish I could figure out how to do that kind of stuff on my computer. Self confessed luddite) It always is more fun when you are in control. That is probably the biggest reason for most of us suggesting a smaller size to start out. You have more control over a wider wind range. But that pull is hard to resist... :bigok:

cheezycheese - 28-5-2011 at 07:26 AM

Well I started in the summer when winds were light. But as the fall winds kicks in I realized quickly that holding a 4m beamer while flying stattic was only fun fora few minutes. Too much energy to try and control on my feet..... hence, the BUGGY!!!!

viperkid181 - 29-5-2011 at 05:01 PM

I'm already looking at boards for the future. 200+ bucks for a skate board on slightly larger wheels seems a bit ridiculous though so maybe I'll find someone with a used one for cheaper.