Power Kite Forum

Prism Stylus P3

Cerebite - 2-6-2011 at 08:08 PM

A couple of the dual line flyer that I regularly fly with told me about this kite [2.5 m 2/ or 4 line, $85].
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/home/23263_d-games-and-toys...

I picked one up as a cheap high wind trainer wing. They are selling it for $85 with dual flying lines.
Windfinder says that it was 25 mph gusting to 45 this afternoon and I have no reason to doubt it :o:wow:. After I gave up on the 3m Hornet I broke this out for some dual line static flying to see how it would behave. I flew until the included line -set [~150 -200# test I would guess] snapped :o [both sides in quick succession] at the sleeving knots. LOL definately a "fly it like you stole it" moment:wee::singing::tumble:
It pulls very hard on two lines once the brake/ bottom bridle is tightened up to keep it in line with the rest of the bridling. The turning is quick and stable. I think this will be a great high wind engine and would make a good forgiving trainer for a beginner.
I will have to try it with four lines and less wind.

bigkid - 3-6-2011 at 09:45 AM

Was my first power kite. Broke the lines also, about 15 inches from the strap. Took the line and the kite back and he replaced the line with 300 lb. Been a great little play toy ever since.
Did the 4 line thing on it and went back to 2 lines, more fun as a 2 line.

awindofchange - 3-6-2011 at 01:15 PM

Just an FYI....

The Prism Stylus was discontinued about 3 years ago and is no longer available. It is an old model. The new model that replaced it is the Prism Snapshot Series.

Cerebite - 3-6-2011 at 06:51 PM

Thanks Kent, that is probably why they are selling them "46% off retail" they probably got some old stock to sell off LOL