Power Kite Forum

Made of Honour (Maid of Honour)

macboy - 13-6-2011 at 04:06 PM

So, the wife tells me yesterday, "[Insert friend's name here] asked me to be her maid of honour in April and I can't say no."

"And you'll be able to get time off?"

"Yeah, we won't be able to stay long but we can go."

"Where is it?" (She [friend] is from Ontario, her man is from Ghana.)

"She thinks it'll be Maui"

<start dreaming of Kite Beach without letting on that you've already got ulterior motives and things aren't even confirmed yet>

"Don't worry dear, I'll be there with you. We'll make the best of it."

Sometimes it's tough doing the "right thing" huh?
:lol:

Now I have some KILLER incentive to lock in those water skills this summer! As if passing by the Gorge before or after SOBB wasn't enough reason......

Drewculous - 13-6-2011 at 04:26 PM

LOL nice!

my wife just said "oh jeez...":

:lol:

i get to go to rapid city this weekend :thumbdown: for a wedding my wife is in... any good kite spots in Rapid City lol

markite - 13-6-2011 at 08:13 PM

And here I thought you were going to come and visit us in Ontario :-)
So does that mess up going to NABX then?

macboy - 13-6-2011 at 09:00 PM

I'm trying to play it cool still, when I get actual dates I'll do the head scratch.....thanks.....this is gonna be trickier than I thought ; )

43patrick - 14-6-2011 at 06:28 PM

I Live in Rapid City and the kiting is pretty good spring and fall. We are just leaving the good kiting time now. It looks like no wind until Monday but that is far enough out that there could be wind this weekend. There are two good lakes and a few spots for landboarding and buggying depending on wind direction. Rapid City itself is a bit of a crappy town but there is awesome outdoor things to do (hiking, biking, Rock Climbing, Kayaking, Fishing etc...) If you have your gear and there is wind we can run out to the lake for a session if you have some spare time.

Patrick

Drewculous - 14-6-2011 at 09:09 PM

No lake gear yet! (i do have fishing poles and such, but no water related kite stuff.... 'cept the phanny and syn :evil: )

If the winds are at least moving, I can get my biggie montana up, but I was prolly just gonna bring the atb, the twister, viper, and maybe the monty, depending on the winds.... We may just blow town tho and drink away the afternoon at the oyster bay in deadwood and walk the plank :lol:

tridude - 14-6-2011 at 09:53 PM

nice windy spot (Maui) Im sure BigK can give you specifics but stay away from Peahi (Jaws)............................