Power Kite Forum

Birth of a kiteboarder!

macboy - 15-6-2011 at 10:20 PM

Okay, I guess the birth happens when you get the gear and dip a toe in the water but today, while Vancouver was struggling I was LOCKING IT IN!

Can't say the transitions were the best - I was batting a 5% average to be honest - but I can say upwind has been folded up nicely and tucked into the front flap of the bag for a bit more refinement next time after which I'll put it in the kite kloset for good!

Not the best surroundings for the learning curve.....although it was good and shallow it was....well.....holy dry docks batman! The map is barely exaggerated if at all.....had to learn the "Full and Immediate Stop" once....on one of my best reaches upwind of the day. Happily it was followed by some solid ground maintaining riding switch WHILE weaving between two dry docks and an anchored SeaDoo.

V13, FLyDoor M and 24-28 km/h of nice clean winds. A bit on the underpowered side but prob good 'cuz the kite wound up in the wrong place at the wrong time a few times :lol:

As soon as I dried off I enjoyed one of the best beers yet.

Cluster.jpg - 191kB

arkay - 15-6-2011 at 10:29 PM

Sweet... you'd be surprised how much you probably weren't underpowered. build up speed down wind then turn and rock upwind and I bet you'll be flying... specially on the door.

I was out on my 9m last weekend and was underpowered so I chose to do mini downwinders to build speed and carry it back up wind. In all after about 4hours I think I lost about .5 mile. the week before I was severely overpowered on the 12m.. checked the wind when I got home and it was 28g33. :o

shaggs2riches - 15-6-2011 at 10:31 PM

Very nice work man:thumbup: This will be a day that you'll remember. Did that door help out quite a bit. I'd imagine it would have been a blessing in the lulls we are famous for.:wee: