Power Kite Forum

19m SA 2.5 on the water, first time

stetson05 - 9-7-2011 at 11:43 AM

Yesterday I was really trying to go out on the water so I met a friend at a resivouor not too far away. When we got there the wind was decent and he flew his venom II until the wind dropped too much. I tried a 11m Neo 2 and was doing find until the wind dropped more. I had been thinking about trying the 19m but am really carefull about when I use it. Once it was too light for the 11m Neo 2 I figured I was ok to use the 19m so I got it out and into the air. My buddy was pretty sceptical about being able to ride with it.

I got out on the water and it was amazing. I could really ride and the water was so smooth. I was able to stay upwind and when I tried to transition from the right to the left it worked perfectly. Another first time for me. I couldn't quite get going upwind both directions but I was impressed how well it performed. I did have a couple of opportunites to water relaunch it too and it went great. I really had a great time and just wanted to share. That 19m has really been a session saver so many times. :roll:

PHREERIDER - 9-7-2011 at 11:49 AM

cool, saving sessions . thats bank boss!

AD72 - 9-7-2011 at 12:20 PM

It has saved the day for me a number of times as well. Great kite!

Kamikuza - 9-7-2011 at 05:35 PM

Those who ride Flysurfer know the truth :thumbup:

tridude - 9-7-2011 at 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kamikuza
Those who ride Flysurfer know the truth :thumbup:

you go that right.........................congrats on a great session ans sharing................

kitesurfer - 11-7-2011 at 04:27 AM

my 19 has saved me 13 sessions so far this year:
15 Charger one session
19SA2.5 13 sessions

Kamikuza - 11-7-2011 at 04:52 AM

21 sessions on mine since end of September last year :lol: a couple were dead losses but it's saved me more than a dozen times! And even when I've had to change to a smaller kite, I've gotten in hours more riding time than I would have had otherwise ...!

AD72 - 11-7-2011 at 09:17 AM

Holy crap. I need to get out more often. That is 3 for me.

Kamikuza - 12-7-2011 at 01:22 AM

Nobody reads my blog :( :lol:

Kamikuza - 14-7-2011 at 05:56 AM

Plus one session.
I need a Speed3 21 though :D and a 12. Expect some FSer sales this year from me, all things going well ;)

One thing I noticed today for sure - I need about 5 more knots on the ocean than I do on the lake ... was 8 to 10 today - that's be great fun on the lake but it was the worst kind of frickin' lawn-mowing on the ocean there. Whoever said "Oh the ocean is better cos you float more" is a dumbass. Actually I remember who said that and he is a dumbass. QED.

stetson05 - 14-7-2011 at 08:12 PM

my two good sessions last week were balanced by two busted sessions this week. Forecast was for 5-10 for two days but really it was 0-4. I stood around waiting for more til it was obvious nothing was going to show up. Oh well, can't have it all.

AD72 - 14-7-2011 at 08:37 PM

Yes you do need some wind. Also an early planing board and flat water to kite in minimal wind.