Power Kite Forum

Kitech Zerowind?

bigkahuna - 20-8-2011 at 12:40 PM

Anyone know anything about this kite? Check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJdNg0akhCU&feature=relat...

They claim that kite in the background is a Flysurfer Speed 19, this thing seems to be working very nicely in winds that the other two kites are struggling in.

shaggs2riches - 20-8-2011 at 09:48 PM

IMO if the SA3 was able to sit in the sky like that, given rider skills he should be on a plane just the same. Unless that other rider was like 40lbs lighter than the SA3 Pilot.

Kamikuza - 20-8-2011 at 11:01 PM

That prototype looks like a Speed2 19 SA to me :lol:

indigo_wolf - 21-8-2011 at 08:06 AM

No info on the kite. Company is Hungarian and been around since before 2002.

URLs of interest:
www.kitechkites.com / www.kitechkites.hu / www.surfen.hu (retailer)

There seems to be some kind of close tie between the manufacturer and retailer listed above... possibly sole distributorship or something closer. At the very least, they seem to do a lot of the proto testing for Kitech

Currently kite stable consists of 2 kites (both in their 3rd generation):

The can be reached on Skype at: kitechkites

That's the end of my Google-Fu.

ATB,
Sam

Bladerunner - 21-8-2011 at 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kamikuza
That prototype looks like a Speed2 19 SA to me :lol:

Ditto!

I also thought the guy with the Flysurfer wasn't trying very hard to fly it? If it will sit at zenith like that it " should " fly?

Wonder what their price point is?

erratic winds - 21-8-2011 at 10:37 AM

Without knowing the two riders skill levels, I can't really judge. It really looks like the speed3 owner could have put the board on and looped it to get moving, and might have stayed riding due to apparent wind, like the other kiter.