Power Kite Forum

Arcs win again!

flyjump - 30-8-2011 at 07:47 PM

had a good session with a friend of mine today, he was struggling in the gusts and his LEI kept crashing all day today. he was so mad by the end of the session since my charger never touched the ground. nothing flys better in gusty conditions that arcs. when we were leaving, he told me that he's selling all of his kitegear and buying the exact gear that I have lol. if you are interested in a 2007 best waroo, medium prolimit waist harness and a 7m beamer tsr, they will be up for sale soon on the forum

Kamikuza - 30-8-2011 at 08:07 PM

You on the lake or the ocean?

Midgaar needs an LEI - give him a PM

Drewculous - 30-8-2011 at 08:18 PM

Arcs? You owe me a phone call mr. physics!!!

Lmao!

Cant wait for fall.... Omg the daily wind!..........

awindofchange - 31-8-2011 at 01:00 AM

So why is PL making an LEI again???

joedy - 31-8-2011 at 03:03 AM

Quote:

So why is PL making an LEI again???

I wondered about this myself. The LEI market seems flooded with many designs that appear essentially indistinguishable from one another.

I didn't notice anything from Peter Lynn's LEI that stood out from the crowd.

-joedy

flyjump - 31-8-2011 at 04:26 AM

They are just trying to reach that market as well

Midgaar - 31-8-2011 at 04:04 PM

what size LEI and how much?

tridude - 31-8-2011 at 06:06 PM

A 2007 SLE is a nice but ancient kite...................your friend needs a delta c design...................

flyjump - 1-9-2011 at 04:32 AM

Its a 12m and I think he wants 200 for it

PHREERIDER - 1-9-2011 at 06:16 AM

ARCS win again ....so true ! V II has pulled almost a month of sessions while the tube has been sad and leaking X 3!. tubes are great but def have a suck factor. thankful for arcs helping me through those tuff moments of neediness.

arcs! a pathway to get all the sessions, ADAM, they were all spectatorized by the remaining arc. rock on and they can watch.

flyjump - 1-9-2011 at 07:53 AM

lol thanks phree, its nice to have something that is always going to be consistent

tridude - 6-10-2011 at 12:00 PM

agree hard kite to beat...............ole dependable for sure. The 13m VI/VII were my favs on water. I remember 2 summer ago nfleech doing a downwinder at Folly with a blown cell wall on his 13m VI. Kite flew like a champ. Sent to fixmykite, repaired, and back on the water for under 70 bucks..........The Synergy and Phantom were a close second for me....................

Kamikuza - 6-10-2011 at 05:15 PM

Nice to be able to chat about arcs and stuff without the feral frothings of the foil-averse ...

flyjump - 6-10-2011 at 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kamikuza
Nice to be able to chat about arcs and stuff without the feral frothings of the foil-averse ...

Hahaha agreed. Tubes are powerful but flying with them inland is like riding a jackhammer. Id use a tube in a sea breeze but out here they break bones. Foils are awesome for landkiting

dandre - 7-10-2011 at 07:38 AM

I was reading kiteforum yesterday and some inflatos were CHOMPING at the bit about how awesome their kites were.

MY KITE HAS NO WEAKNESS. MY KITE HAS NO WEAKNESS

ok dude, we're talking about hairstyles right now.

but... my kite isn't weakness.
:flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming:

ok.....

lamrith - 7-10-2011 at 08:30 AM

Arcs rule, inflatos drool..:frog:

geokite - 7-10-2011 at 11:03 AM

While I love my arcs, the ability to ride a wave and depower almost 100% would be great. I find I'm getting pulled off the wave alot of the time with my 19syn (yes, long throw bar). Edging to reduce power just doesn't work if you are trying to keep your speed up to stay with the wave...

tridude - 7-10-2011 at 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lamrith

based on.....................

Kamikuza - 7-10-2011 at 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tridude
Quote:
Originally posted by lamrith

based on.....................

snobdr :ticking:

tridude - 7-10-2011 at 05:24 PM

lol the doctor of course.................

dandre - 8-10-2011 at 05:52 AM

I want one so bad for cruising alpine lakes in the summer.
maybe 2 kite quiver
Just imagine, west yellowstone is an hour away....
Hop on a duallie.. klr 650...

VROOM VROOM

FIRE ROADS AND ALPINE LAKES. mmmm montana.
I hope I don't die in an avalanche this winter
SUMMER IS AWSOME... wait... winter is coming...
WINTER IS AWESOME

pbc - 8-10-2011 at 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dandre
I want one so bad for cruising alpine lakes in the summer.
maybe 2 kite quiver
Just imagine, west yellowstone is an hour away....
Hop on a duallie.. klr 650...

VROOM VROOM

FIRE ROADS AND ALPINE LAKES. mmmm montana.
I hope I don't die in an avalanche this winter
SUMMER IS AWSOME... wait... winter is coming...
WINTER IS AWESOME

You want an Arc? Well I happen to know of one for sale. The price just dropped moments ago. :-)

http://www.powerkiteforum.com/viewthread.php?tid=19428

Philip

kitedelight - 9-11-2011 at 07:44 PM

" he told me that he's selling all of his kitegear....2007 best waroo, medium prolimit waist harness .... "

:puzzled: ...I guess he is assuming that your harness will help the kite handle gusts better too?? that's some harness you got! :) jk, assuming he tried yours and liked its feel better.

[edit: opps, missed that this thread has been inactive for a while.]