Power Kite Forum

Fanatic AC / DC 160

mikellli - 10-10-2011 at 01:44 PM

Does anyone know something about this board. I could buy it very cheap (40eur). I think it's an older model.

Fanatic_AcDc_59_all.jpg - 38kB

bigkahuna - 10-10-2011 at 02:21 PM

I've never seen that particular model, but by it's shape I can tell you it's what we referred to as a "pickle fork" and is probably 10 years old or older. So in other words, it's an antique. I wouldn't spend much money on it as you're not likely to ever be able to sell it if you decide to do so. Other than being old and weird looking, nothing else wrong with them that I recall. Jimmy Lewis shaped the original Liquid Force Pickle Fork, and although it was butt ugly, the rocker was spot on. Not sure who designed the Fanatic board though.

AD72 - 10-10-2011 at 02:45 PM

Not worth your time if you are a beginner. Will cause more frustration than progress. My guess is that has a thicker rail and is all rocker with no concave in the middle. You would be better with a wider, thinner more rectangular shape of board.

mikellli - 10-10-2011 at 11:35 PM

Thank you guys on your advice. I am a beginner, so I will avoid buying this board.

Kamikuza - 10-10-2011 at 11:41 PM

Man, for that price I'd buy it :lol: if it's in as good condition as it appears to be - what a piece of history!

mikellli - 11-10-2011 at 02:46 AM

:yes:

http://www.handmade.de/fanatic-acdc-p-5899.html

http://www.handmade.de/kiteboards-airush-c-1_2_566.html

bigkahuna - 11-10-2011 at 04:30 AM

Wow, talk about some old inventory. Which reminds me of a local kite shop that I visited. He had a couple 10 year old Peter Lynn and Flexifoil traction kites, a buggy and a land board. All with their original 10 year old price tags and 10 year old prices. I asked if he'd be willing to sell everything at a bargain basement price, to which he replied "nope, but I'll knock off $10 if you buy everything together" to which I replied "nope". I guess some retailers just haven't realized that the shelf life on kiting gear is slightly longer than a honeydew mellon. ;)