Power Kite Forum

one more time ...kayla' s krap killed it. PHALL SUN

PHREERIDER - 15-11-2011 at 09:46 AM

http://vimeo.com/32122709

posted last night but Kayla's junk phoiled our bliss.

alot more footage on this ride

this was the easiest to clip, convert and upload. probably gonna see the start again as i just copied it from the 50min video that i'm pulling my hair out over along with about 4 others,

in creative torment of the uncut stuff v. ultra fine edit, loaded with $ shots.
i think the uncut stuff demos how the ride flows and how kite handling control makes it truly all come together.

plus i listen to music while i ride and it all seems pertinent and there;s something lost when i edit too much. ... a small creative quirk.

and i just don't want to torture the audience with the countless mundane points of sail or other.

as i look back still pretty much a "sailing log" esp. since the gopro disease hit me, which oddly still not even 90 days yet.

i need to use the FTP thing for----?? and frathouse?? so more can pull their hair out on the brain frying editing.

kayla hope you choke on the money.

oh yeah , enjoy!

bobalooie57 - 15-11-2011 at 09:58 AM

It's always nice to see your vids, especially this time of year when everything up here is turning gray. The landboard vid was great, too. Thanks!

lunchbox - 15-11-2011 at 10:05 AM

Nice cruising and nice spot.

What was the wind blowing and what's the water temp this time of year?

None of my business, but gotta at least ask....what do you do for a living that allows you so much water time....jealous ;-)

PHREERIDER - 15-11-2011 at 10:54 AM

this is an inter coastal water way , ton of current tide sensitive , can swing 8ft. in 6hours. this is a flooding tide, and even though its decent air the pole dancers couldn't keep up. after about an hour i was maybe 2miles up the sound they were struggling to hang in the spot.

north wind , on the side of the channel its about 15 and in the middle about 20-25mph. the gradient is typical for this spot and unfriendly to the beginner. i choose more power, hence always on a 13m, if i can get through the edit, several good lines going from flat to white cap 2ft chop every 2-3min. plus back across it.
not a novice friendly spot, relaunch can be hairy, the air close to the water is crap. hence the pole dancers convention at the return.

water temp. 63 F i think. air temp about the same maybe 70 this late in the day.

DMD, :smilegrin: