Power Kite Forum

My new weels. see pic

Andrey - 7-5-2006 at 06:05 AM

Took me 3 days/ plus a friend lend me a welding machine/ now needs painting. Tried it yersterday but not enough wind for me ( Beamer 3.6)

Roliki 002.jpg - 53kB

tedsfoils - 7-5-2006 at 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Andrey
Took me 3 days/ plus a friend lend me a welding machine/ now needs painting. Tried it yersterday but not enough wind for me ( Beamer 3.6)

Hey thats a novel idea.. I hope the kids that owned the bicycles were done with them before you took their front forks off.. haha. The only question I have is about the strength. I have been in the bike industry for over 7 years and I know the the small kids bicycles do not offer the same quality in materials.. Did you reinforce or reweld the area near the head tube? Just be careful.

dave brown - 7-5-2006 at 03:39 PM

I was going to try that awhile ago.
lets us know how they work out..

Andrey - 7-5-2006 at 06:10 PM

yep. I welded it/ still no wind. I will keep u posted. Another idea came to upgraid it with braiks. it is all setup already just install it. Will see how it goes.

very nice

Terrablade - 7-5-2006 at 08:08 PM

great idea!

Rich
www.terrablades.com
Off-Road Skating / Skiing Year Round
"Let it melt"

doomwheels - 7-5-2006 at 11:29 PM

very cool!

Andrey - 15-5-2006 at 07:56 AM

I tried it yesterday (15 mph) and not bad ( there is something in this idea)but I have feet too weak for this -- 5 minutes flying and 30 is resting on the back. I have only one place to go is a grussy field by Canada Wonderland and it is sort of bumpy there. If I went on sand would be better I think. So This is not for me. I am building buggy now/ Constractionwise it is ok and did not see any problem with bikes forks/ but i did not push em hard / I guess i will sell it some day. I noticed they already have everything to install brakes.

smokeblender - 19-5-2006 at 03:33 PM

I was hopinh to do some blading this summer (im new). Can you not use regular inline skates while kiting?

doomwheels - 20-5-2006 at 12:19 AM

Yes, you can. This sport began with inline skates in parking lots. Just remember to use smaller kites (3m or less) in large areas free of light poles or electric lines etc. and pad up.

Tip: avoid speeds over 25mph... inline skates get wobbly at high speed.