Power Kite Forum

Drysuit

hondamon - 5-3-2012 at 03:09 PM

Howdy folks! Any suggestions or opinions on a drysuit? Style? Brand? Size? I really appreciate it. This is my missing component.

rtz - 5-3-2012 at 06:41 PM

I did a lot of reading over on kiteforum a while back and if I was buying one today; it would be the OR Surfdry: http://www.oceanrodeo.com/drysuits/surfdry

Kober - 5-3-2012 at 08:35 PM

I purchase NPX lucifer few months ago and use it only twice so far ..... If you need any info about that one .... let me know ....

bigkahuna - 6-3-2012 at 12:54 AM

I had an Ocean Rodeo Pyro Pro some years back. Seemed to be well made and worked fine. Since I mostly surf it didn't make sense to have a dry suit and 2 wetsuits so I sold the drysuit.

RedSky - 2-4-2012 at 04:23 AM

I use the Mystic dry suit which is stylish, hey! you got to look good on the beach.

My mate has the Typhoon Max B with a front zip. Therefore you don't need someone else to help you get in and out of it which would be a God send if you were busting to go to the toilet.

Get an underfleece. I didn't bother and find my clothes can ride up inside the suit which will leave you cold and drafty.

The Max B comes with an underfleece.

You get what you pay for with drysuits. Holes can appear at the seems and seals can split and crack.