Power Kite Forum

All packed and ready to go....one more day and a wake up.....

g00fba11 - 30-3-2012 at 06:45 PM

One day and a wake up and it will be time to head for the airport with a total of 180 pounds of gear...... got my first work out tonight getting things organized and rearranging and repacking so that all 3 checked bags scale at or under the 50 pound weight limit...... the remainder is in my 2 carry on bags........

So stoked to head out......:o :thumbup: :yes:

BeamerBob - 30-3-2012 at 10:02 PM

The playa awaits you! And your buddies and some that won't forget you after next week! :bigok:

Bigbear97e - 31-3-2012 at 01:20 PM

Have fun .... I really want to make this event soon .... even if I gotta bootleg salmon to fund it :smilegrin: ... besides I seem to remember I still owe you a beer from that Reactor8.3 deal ... have a blast and post pics please

g00fba11 - 31-3-2012 at 01:25 PM

Pics...... dang..... got to find the camera and get that packed..... got the gopro and the contour..... forgot a regular camera.... doh......

......and some that may want to.....:lol:

arkay - 31-3-2012 at 01:25 PM

I finally just finished packing and am about to head out!

hiaguy - 31-3-2012 at 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bigbear97e
Have fun .... I really want to make this event soon .... even if I gotta bootleg salmon to fund it :smilegrin: ... besides I seem to remember I still owe you a beer from that Reactor8.3 deal ... have a blast and post pics please

Can't make it there from this end of the country either. The closest I can get is WBB in a couple of weeks. It's a closer drive than Vegas (10 hours vs. 35 hours).
If you're gonna get into the fish trade, you could set me up with a couple of smoked sides. :wink2:

For all of those of you that are going.. HAVE A GREAT TIME! (and post lots of pics/vids)

pokitetrash - 31-3-2012 at 05:56 PM

Leaving Augusta GA at 0645 but I'm really on my way in my mind! I won't be worth a damn Monday and Tuesday at work. OK--I'll be even less worth a damn than normal... :smilegrin:

bigkid - 31-3-2012 at 09:05 PM

half way there, spending the night in Stockton and head out in the morn. I like driving the house down the freeway, just need to figure a way to take a nap and have the cruise control take over. :eureka:

markite - 31-3-2012 at 09:41 PM

packing - repacking, unpacking, packing more, weighing again, moving things around, got it nicely under weight, gotta add more!
Missing the weekend but will be there late monday and will probably catch a few at the hanging tree when we get in.

g00fba11 - 1-4-2012 at 07:17 AM

Final checks completed...... made a video log of the contents of my suite cases just in case the airlines misplace them..... no arguments on what is in them for the insurance claim...... dropped inside copy of the tickets, contact info and destination hotel ...... locked them up with TSA approved locks.....threw my back out......oh well.......gotta blast......

On my way shortly......

tridude - 1-4-2012 at 07:36 AM

hey goof a spare SD card for the GP is a thought...........................also dont forget your USB recharger

arkay - 1-4-2012 at 10:00 AM

bigkid, sounds like you might be just ahead of me. I just pull from I5 to 99 by modesto.

g00fba11 - 1-4-2012 at 11:06 AM

Tridude---- thanks for the reminder..... I know I have the USB chargers.... if I forgot my extra SD there is always Fry's in Vegas..... got some errands to run in Vegas on Monday anyways so that's an easy pick up.....

sound like there maybe time for a beer tonight.....

thanson2001ok - 1-4-2012 at 02:29 PM

Checked golf bag... 50 pounds on the button.
Checked suitcase... 49 pounds (shoot, left some room. may need it for Playa dust on the return)
Carry on... Criminy, must weigh 99 pounds. :D